Autocad Hanging When Opening a Specific File (ACAD Architecture 2010)

HUMMIKE

Hi All,

New to the community, hoping for a miracle! I've been asked by my employer to open a file pertaining to an old project that has recently been re-opened. I've never worked on the file and, as such, have no idea what might have happened to it.

It's a large file (approx. 13mb), drawn in ACAD2007. We now use Autocad Architecture 2010 in the office. I've tried opening it on 3 office computers and on my own at home, all yielding the same results.

When the file is opened, it opens slowly but apparently successfully, with the last saved view of the file appearing in Autocad. The progress bar disappears but it continues to read opening 'C://****.dwg' at the bottom of the window. This is as far as it ever goes. I've tried recovering the file and no problems show up, but it still won't completely open. I thought it might have to do with a hidden dialog box, but no luck. I assume its a problem with the file, and in that case, what are our options?

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks for the responses. As mentioned in the OP, I've tried a recovery, which doesn't show up with any obvious problems (responds: audit accepted recovered database.) Arrggh...it's even more frustrating because I can see the drawing, but can't interact with it!!

if you have access to to a copy 2012 you might try doing a recover there as i've had co-workers with older versions of CAD who were unable to open corrupted files that i was able to open and fix.

if you have access to to a copy 2012 you might try doing a recover there as i've had co-workers with older versions of CAD who were unable to open corrupted files that i was able to open and fix.

That is why I recommended try DWG TrueView, tell your co-workers to down load DWG TrueView and do their own work. :D

That is why I recommended try DWG TrueView, tell your co-workers to down load DWG TrueView and do their own work. :D

I have actually lol, and I had to do that for them as well :bloodshot:, some of them still can't get things to work with out my assistance though lol. note that these are the same people attempting to tell me how to do drawings .........

Having trouble with the conversion...the resultant file has the same problems. Wondering if you could recommend settings for the conversion? I've tried DWG Trueview 2007 format with 'purge' and 'fix errors' selected. I'll try another couple.

Thanks for the responses. As mentioned in the OP, I've tried a recovery
Whoops! My apologies... there I go not reading all the post again. I do that a lot.