Dimensions, adding together

Ignito

Hello all.

I'm fairly new to this and the question I have is probably one that has been answered often. I have searched the site but haven't seen anything that adresses what I need although the reason could be my phrase in the search.

I am using Autocad 2005 and have drawn an electrical drawing for a project and am now in the process of building a material list. At this time I am trying to calculate together the lenght of lines, poly and other that represent electrical conduits in my drawing for the purpose of finding the total length of conduits needed in that project.

What I had already done is measure all the lines representing them and was going to add all the measurements together using a calculator but with all the tools that are implemented in the program I thought that maybe it was possible to do it automatically.

Anyone have any ideas whats the simplest/fastes way to do this ? And also, do you have any further ideas on automating a material list ? I know the latter is quite a broader area but any suggestions are appreciated.

Sinecerely, Ignito

• 2 years later...

I looked at this link and there is an error on the page. Can you tell me how to get this lisp routine for adding dimensions? Thank you.