Corridor Misses Target! No Daylight Boundary

BenE

Hi guys,

I haven't experienced this problem before. I have four corridors in the drawing. Three of them work perfectly. One of them won't hit the target - it just passes straight on through. The daylight featureline is discontinuous (it shouldn't be), so I can't create a boundary from it. I'm attaching snapshots of a working and wacky cross sections.

-Ben

Working Section.jpg

Weird Corridor Section.jpg

The one thing that comes to mind to me would be your assembly/template. Does it take into account for the conditions at that station?

It doesn't seem to be any difference between the two as far as conditions go but I have had issues with assemblies being the problem with consideration to the parameters setup for each possible condition.

Well, all of the assemblies in the drawing (there are five) are made one of two ways. Three subassemblies are created from polylines, with exception to the daylighting subassemblies on the left and right ends. The entire affected corridor is built this way and is out of wack. Every section shows the daylighting missing the assigned target surface. The remaining two corridors include transition lanes that targed to offset alignments for widening of the corridor. These appear to work fine.

Edited by BenE
corrected number of corridors, clarifying a poorly written response and then clarifying the clarification!

I hate to even suggest this but try and delete the corridor and re-run it. Try it in a copy of the file and see what the results are. Also purge and audit the file as many times as it takes to remove any errors. I make it a habit to purge and audit quite often.

It looks like you and I are on the same page. I just finished deleting all corridors, creating a single corridor composed of each assembly and alignment, purging, auditing, saving, creating new sections and surface. I get the same problem in the region of the old problem. :shock:

The target surface is a shortcut that has been promoted in the current drawing. Perhaps I need to start looking there....

I don't put anything past AutoCad/Civil 3D considering how quirky it can be but I would think that the surface being in the same drawing wouldn't cause the problem. Try creating the surface in a new drawing file and use a data shortcut to it. The amount of data in one file can be problematic with Civil 3D. I had one project where the design surface was broken down into about 6 different drawings with a data shortcuts for all the others that were adjacent.

At this point I'm just tossing out ideas here to assist your thought process.

Uuugh! :cry: Not Uncle already!

Review your assembly very carefully; (the daylight part of it). Or even create a new one from scratch and using it. I would bet (if I were a betting man) the assembly is the problem not the surface or corridors. Maybe even try doing something different for that condition (even if it doesn't meet your criteria) just to see if you get the results you expect.

Well I waited a day and a half before I posted on here. I'm losing too much time. I did rebuild the problematic assembly, checked it's parameters, created a new corridor, checked the targets, imported a different target surface. I am beginning to suspect that something in the drawing is corrupt. Thanks again for your help ScribbbleJ. Hope you get to enjoy this nice weather this weekend!

-Ben

Do you happen to have a contract with CAD Masters? They are sharp as a tack when it comes to this stuff. I have stumped them only once and I can't blame them for that one since it was an odd off the wall problem anyway. If not then I suggest seeing what you can do to in order to use their support staff so you can call them when you have issues like this.

As far as enjoying the weather I certainly will be tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my mountain bike fixed up and go for a ride.

Have a great weekend.

Our contract is with CALCAD, haven't used CAD Masters. Thanks for the recommendation. If I'm lucky, I'll leave Sacramento to go road biking up Slug Gulch tomorrow out near Plymouth. Tight!