AutoSolids Help Please

toygoose

Hello all,

First time post, long time AutoCADer. I have been usingAutoCAD for many years along with AutoSolids. recently my computer crashed/virusand I had to wipe the hard drive and start over with my software. I have allback up and running except AutoSolids. I did a search and haven't found muchabout it on this forum, I know it's not a popular software.

My question is do any of you know the ins and outs ofAutoSolids?

Thanks in advance for any help

toygoose

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• toygoose

• zaphod

• xiaxiang

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem I'm having is this. When I use the command itstops running just before it is finished. I think a file or code in the file ismissing or wrong. Do you know much about the program?

I run AutoCAD Architecture 2008, the AutoSolids software isthe one in the link that you posted. The only part of AutoSolids that I use isthe Quick Draw portion that makes the 2D views of a 3D solid. When I run theQuick Draw the software pulls up the window for you to pick the views you wantand say OK. Then I can pick the insertion point, at this point I'm in modelspace. As soon as I do that it starts running making the views, at this point QuickDraw has changed to paper space. When it is almost done it stops, and you areon an AutoSolids tab that the program has made temporarily to generate theviews. It has not froze up or paused, it's just stopped, you can entercommands, move around, whatever you want. If I go back to model space all thelayers are turned off. If I turn them back on everything is but, no generatedviews. it's like the end of the program is missing in the code or messed up. I don'tknow what is wrong with it...

Well maybe you need to remove the program you have on your computer then download and install the version in the link I posted. Create a RESTORE point before removing the program.

What version of Windows are you running?

If you already uninstalled then reinstalled and you are still having a problem then I'm not sure this is going to make any difference. Did AutoSolids work with AutoCAD Architecture 2008 previously?

I'm running Windows 7. Yes, AutoSolids worked perfect be for I had to rebuilt. I know others that run the same setup that I have. They have emailed me there AutoSolids files and I have replaced them, still will not work.

Just for good measure I un/reinstalled AutoSolids. With thefirst start up of AutoCAD the Autosolids Authorization box pop up. It sayscall, fax, or email to obtain you auth code. It show the ACAD serial number,AutoSolids auth code and has 3 buttons, OK Continue without Auth, and Help. theContinue without auth button is grayedout and can't be used. Click OK and the 3D Command Center window opens. Hereyou can setup how AutoSolids loads and displays the views. Click OK and itseems everything is good. Now every time AutoSolids loads, it brings up the AutoSolidsAuthorization window. It's almost like it wants to be Authorized for it towork.

I don't remember the first install, it was back maybe even when you had to buy it. If the program is free where would I get an authorization from. I've looked on the website with no luck. Every time I try a command now the Authorization window comes up, it didnt do that before... Do you use the program at all? if not, would you try to load it and see if it works for you?

I do not use the program. I'll take a look at it if I can.

Did you see this at the site.....

All products below are free for personal or commercial use. These are the full commercial products; no passwords, activation codes, trial periods, timeouts, adware, or any functional limitations.

OK...now what? I downloaded and installed the program. I opened AutoCAD and used the APPLOAD command to load AutoSolids.arx and I now have three new toolbars on my screen. They are 3D Command Center, AutoSolids and RealView.

I don't see much here that you could not do with AutoCAD 2012.

It's almost 4:30 pm here in Connecticut and I have other things to do. Did you want to pursue this or not? I'll give you 5 more minutes then I have to go.

Time now: 4:26 pm EDST

I do get the window re: authorization that you mentioned but not all the time.

AutoSolids Author.PNG

This is what you were talking about right?

I too checked the website but have found nothing regarding a free authorization code.

I just tried using the QuickPunch command and my command line reads "Not available in demo version". I got the impression this was supposed to be a fully functional copy of the program. Maybe it isn't and that's why the authorization window keeps popping up.

Well it is 4:34 pm. Your time is up. Sorry, got to run. Good luck. If you find out any further information post it here.

Sorry I had to run out for a few. That is the screen I'm reffering to. When I try to use the program the Auth code changes take a look at the attachments.

Capture-1.PNG

Capture-2.PNG

Capture-3.PNG