how not to be visible the borders tha the 3dface command create?

xris_grecia

autodesk.jpg

Hello everyone! I would like to know if there is a possible way that the borders that the 3dface command creats will not be visible. I am attaching a foto in order to explain it better. the red arrows at the foto show the borders that i don t want to be seen at the final product.

In order to make it more clear, i have to say that these borders are not lines that i have drawed. these are lines that are created by choosing the 4 points that the 3dface command needs.

thenks a lot for your time!

well to say the truth i was completely irrelative in creating surfaces by autocad so it was one command i found useful in order to make my 3dline drawings to get a surface.I also found the command ''edgesurf'' for cases that 3dface couldn t be used. what other way do you suggest? i really want to know..

do you know how can i eliminate these borders that i already have in my project?

thanks a lot!!!

I'm not on my CAD computer at the moment.

I would construct a building using solids not surfaces. On the other hand I would construct a ventilation shaft or the skin of a airplane using a surface rather than a solid.

When you first constructed your 3DFace you had an option to make it invisible.

From your AutoCAD HELP file re: the 3DFACE command option....

INVISIBLE

Controls which edges of a 3D face are visible, allowing for accurate modeling of objects with holes. Entering i or invisible before the first point of an edge makes the edge invisible.

The invisible specification must precede any object snap modes, XYZ filters, or coordinate input for that edge. You can create a 3D face in which all edges are invisible. Such a face is a phantom; it does not appear in wireframe presentations but can hide material in line drawings. 3D faces do appear in shaded renderings.

thanks a lot!!!! it worked..

i am searching the solids commands..do you mean the modeling toolbars commands (extrude)? what is the difference between the 3dface command?

thanks one more time!

Extrude, Sweep and PressPull are all capable of creating soilds if used correctly. I would recommend consulting your HELP file to learn how each command works and what options might be available. Extruding a line creates a surface. Extruding a closed polyline yields a solid.

Example: draw a 2D rectangle using the RECTANGLE command. Now use either EXTRUDE or PRESSPULL to give it a height. You have just created a solid.

If you want to see some examples of solids I have created follow this link.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?65564-3d-drawing&highlight=bracket