How best to construct this roof as a 3d solid?

fourleafclover

Hey everyone :),

I am having trouble constructing the roof for a 3d model. I have attached drawings which should allow you to visualise the type of roof I am aiming to construct.

I have had a go at using the box function then using slice to get the solid into the right shape but then I am unable to slice it at an angle as shown by the red dotted line on my attachment.

Any suggestions would be great as I am really struggling to understand how to go about doing this.

Thanks.roof.docx

3DRoof_1.PNG

Something like this. Although I did this as a solid so it isn't open below. But it could be made that way.

By the way, this took three 3Dpolyline triangles and the LOFT command to construct.

Thanks for your response Remark, and yes what you have done there is exactly what I am aiming to do.

I have managed to do exactly what you suggested with the three triangles and it worked perfectly. Many thanks :)

You might want to now use solidedit - shell to remove the bottom face and give it appropriate thickness.

It might have been just a bit easier to Sweep a single triangle along path and then solidedit rotated the end face(s). (or use Gizmo in 2012)

Oops, I didn't look at the original doc - looks like your widths are a bit different.