Plotted output mis-aligned

AutoNewbie

OK, I'm completely blocking on this...embarrassing as it is :?

My plotted output is off center, I need help getting it back to center. Any advise is greatly appreciated

You can use the X and Y plot offset in the plot dialog box. I avoid the Layout plot area option and use extents instead, then the center plot is not grayed out.

He must be plotting Layout, as rkent pointed out, if the "Center Plot" is grayed out. As rkent, I never use the Layout option for "What to Plot".

Note to Self

When plotting ANSI D to 24 x 36, the plot will be mis-aligned, DumbA**

Thanks to all who played.

Yes I'm plotting layouts, dunno why I would need to plot extents, but I'm open to education..

For reference, I do most of my work on a couple of source drawings, then drop them onto sheetsets that hold the particular titleblock that I want. Works great

I plot ANSI D all the time and my plots are centered. I use "Extents" and check "Center the plot" works every time. If you are misaligned in "Layout", then you need to properly set up the drawing for using that option. That is why many use "Extents", as you now see it requires some work to properly set up to use the "Layout" option.

You may want to look into creating some "Named Page Setups".

In the Page Setup dialog box, under Plot Area, select one of the following options:

• Layout. Prints all objects within the printable area of the paper. This option is only available from a layout tab.
  • Limits. Prints or plots the current grid limits. This option is only available from the Model tab.
  • Extents. Plots all objects in the drawing.
  • Display. Plots all objects displayed in the drawing area.
  • View. Prints or plots a saved view. Select a named view from the list provided.
  • Window. Plots objects in the area you define. Select the Window option, and then respond to the prompts to define the area. Click the Window button to edit the defined area.

So if your not centered in your printable area your drawing will NOT be centered.

The printable area of a drawing sheet is defined by the selected output device and is represented by the dashed line in a layout. When you change the output device, the printable area may change.

Just a whole lot easier to use "Extents" IMHO.