oblique dimension continuous setting

i'm making an isometric drawing. so i use oblique command everytime i need to convert dimension oblique at 30 degrees. is there any setting that the default system gets to this oblique thing so the action of selecting Dimension> Oblique doesn't need to be repeated?? just like we switch ORTHO on and off , is there a setting for oblique dimension on or off too? i'm using autocad 2010 LT

There has been some discussion of this recently on the forum. If I am not mistaken, and I could well be, Lee Mac may have a solution for this on his site. I've seen one somewhere within the last week.

I don't think so, would matchprop work after getting one setup the way you want. If so then I would set up a small drawing with the dims the way you need them for each plane and then use that to insert into a drawing and use matchprop.

I don't think so, would matchprop work after getting one setup the way you want. If so then I would set up a small drawing with the dims the way you need them for each plane and then use that to insert into a drawing and use matchprop.

I really like using MATCHPROP, but if you look at the settings available, obliqueing is not offered. Lots of other more useful ones are included.

I would suggest saving the drawing in which you have a good sample of this style of dimension, then making a block (BLOCK or WBLOCK command) and specifying the block name and insertion point.

Make yourself a new tool palette for this type of dimension.

Copy and paste the block onto the OBLIQUES(?) tool palette, then click on the block icon and adjust the properties so that it is exploded (YES) when used. Check that your other properties are as you want them to be.

When you need that dim style, drag the icon off your tool palette and put it in your drawing. Just set the dim style property on the inserted block (which will just be an obliqued dimension & no longer a block, because it is exploded) to what ever dimstyle you are using in your drawing, or viewport and you are good to go.

available matchprop settings.jpg

add oblique dimension block to your tool pallet.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

The problem I see with Oblique for dimensions, it does nothing to the text or the arrows.

I have premade diminsions I insert and stretch and type in the distance (similar to Dadgad's example). I plan to take the time next piping ISO project to create some dynamic blocks.

The OP has LT so LISP is out of the question. But, I certainly could use LISP.

The problem I see with Oblique for dimensions, it does nothing to the text or the arrows.

I have premade diminsions I insert and stretch and type in the distance (similar to Dadgad's example). I plan to take the time next piping ISO project to create some dynamic blocks.

I have never felt the need for an obliqued dimension either. I did see within the week on one of the popular sites somebody had a good lisp which fixed the arrows and applied a nice isometric compensated text.

I don't use lisp for this but I do insert this file and use the styles, and blocks to make it look better.

ISO-DIMensions.dwg

I don't use lisp for this but I do insert this file and use the styles, and blocks to make it look better.

I like that rkent, a very succinct reference. I would probably just wblock that onto a tool palette set to explode. You can just use MATCHPROP to apply your text styles and settings to any existing non-conforming Mtext too.

Yea, that is pretty much what I have.