bracken2

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bracken2

• eldon

It may be that you have got Snap enabled with a grid spacing of quite a lot. Or you may have got an Osnap set which is snapping to some other feature.

Or we could go on guessing what exactly you are doing that you shouldn't be.

Perhaps posting a drawing might narrow down the field of enquiry. My spot elevations do as they are told.

There is also another question to be answered - why are you moving spot elevations? They plot where they are surveyed, so if you move them, you are destroying the integrity of the survey.

I'm in agreement with you on that. Once the OP did the interpolation and placed the new spot elevation for eventually creating his/her contours there should be no reason to be moving it.

I asked a question not 6 minutes after you posted your drawing. Do you think you can find the time to answer it?

ok, I have move everything, my next step is putting in the contour lines, I see the steps

93.8 - 88.9=4.9

4.9x10-49

50/49=1.0204082

1.0204082 x 11= 11.22

I see that you show the 90 11.22 right of benchmark

I see that you show that they are 10ft going to the right with 100,110,120---

then you got the 80 going down from the benchmark, I just needed to know do I work all the math the same way.

113.3-92.2=21.1

21.1x10= 211

50/211= 0.2369668

0.2369668x11=2.61

??????

The math does not change.

The spot elevation at the benchmark is 88.9 isn't it?

And the spot elevation (on the grid) directly below the benchmark is 76.9 isn't it?

Moving right along....

This distance between these two spot elevations is 50 right?

Let's assume that the elevation of the two spot elevations is 88.9 and 76.9 OK? Subtract 76.9 from 88.9 and what do you get? 12.0 right?

Now subtract 80 (the contour interval you are solving for) from 76.9 and what do you get? 3.1 right?

Are you with me so far or do we have to take a break?

bracken2: A quicker response would definitely speed things up here don't you think?

Continuing at a frenetic pace.The distance (d)has to be solved for. This is the distance from the spot elevation of 76.9 to our 80 foot contour. It goes like this:

d/3.1=50/12 or...

d=3.1*50/12 =

155/12 =

12.9166 or (rounded off) 12.92

Measure north 12.92 and put the symbol for your contour interval at this location.

Do you follow this or not?

The math does not change.

The spot elevation at the benchmark is 88.9 isn't it?

And the spot elevation (on the grid) directly below the benchmark is 76.9 isn't it?

ok, now I ready feel stupid, I,m going to learn this program.if it take me for ever!

here what I have done. so what I needed to know is how do I come up with the 100 ,110,

plate 1 grid (2).dwg

113.3 minus 92.2 = 21.1

100.00 - 92.2 = 7.8

7.8*50/21.1 = 18.48 This is the distance east to the 100 foot contour interval from the spot elevation of 92.2.

ok

113.3 minus 92.2 = 21.1

100.00 - 92.2 = 7.8

7.8*50/21.1 = 18.48 This is the distance east to the 100 foot contour interval from the spot elevation of 92.2.

ok, so the next one is 177.1-144.9=32.2

110.00-144.9=-34.9

-34.9*50/32.2=

I'm I on the right track

I can see a couple of problems unfortunately.

1. You should create a block, maybe something that looks like a plus sign kind of on the same size as the that is used for the spot elevations and use this block to indicate the location of the interpolated elevation for your contour.

2. Your interpolated spot elevations look to be slightly off (they are not in the EXACT location indicated by your dimension.

3. Even your dimension locations appear to be slightly off. Are you using Osnaps? What is the purpose of dimensioning these interpolated elevations in the first place?

4. Why are you putting you interpolated elevations and dimensioning on layer "0"?

I can see a couple of problems unfortunately.

1. You should create a block, maybe something that looks like a plus sign kind of on the same size as the that is used for the spot elevations and use this block to indicate the location of the interpolated elevation for your contour.

2. Your interpolated spot elevations look to be slightly off (they are not in the EXACT location indicated by your dimension.

3. Even your dimension locations appear to be slightly off. Are you using Osnaps? What is the purpose of dimensioning these interpolated elevations in the first place?

4. Why are you putting you interpolated elevations and dimensioning on layer "0"?

ok, I put the dimensioning for me it help me out, but I just I'm wrong there

not sure about the "0"

lot to learn. :(

ok, I put the dimensioning for me it help me out, but I just I'm wrong there

not sure about the "0"

lot to learn. :(

I'm going out

Thanks for your help