Can't understand why this is happening.

Brick_top

ok I have a routine that its doing something I can't get

I have it set to load with every drawing.

but when I run it, after the first dialog box it prompts me this error

; error: bad argument type: (or stringp symbolp): nil

the routine will start working as I want it if I open it in VLIDE and choose "Load text in editor"

Why is this?

Hi lee I followed your tutorial some time ago and I did try that, but the vlide doesn't point me to the error when I select "last break source" it only shows a dialog box with the error I posted in the first post.

Truth be said I didn't follow the "watching variables" part. I will do that now.

Well this is weird for me.

I removed the routine from the startup suite and added it again, and now it is working :unsure:

edit - by the way I'm sure it was the same routine

This is happening again :| now in two routines, they will only work as I want them when I load them with "load text in editor".

The editor doesn't point me to the error but I check some variables which should be set with the dcl and they are nil.

well this is very specific to a file:

You would have to change the directories I have in the lisp file with ones to test.

after that you need to open the Lista.dwg file I attached load the lisp and type "proc" to start. than in the dialog box you can put for example "pacheco" if everything goes well a new dialog box should appear with search results, otherwise it just gives an error.

Sorry about the messy code.

Lista.dwg

proc.lsp

proc.dcl