ctb file not implementing

MisterJingles

Hi all

I'm having trouble with a drawing, when I try plot using a ctb file it simply plots without acknowledging the ctb.

Is there something which has been enabled/disabled in this dwg file perhaps that instructs Autocad to disregard any ctb file?

Its actually occuring on 5 drawings which all pertain to the same project. I've checked drawings for other projects and they all work as per usual.

Any ideas?

Rob

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterJingles

• Tiger

• CyberAngel

• rkent

Also, colors other than 1-255 are ignored by plot styles.

The drawings are using only colours 1 - 255. It literally plots exactly as if I have selected no ctb. I've tried monochrome and grayscale to no avail.

No I'm the only one who uses CAD in the office.

I use the same ctb file on another drawing and it works well (have just tested and confirmed). It seems specific to these 5 drawings.

Are there any overrides in the Layer Manager in Paper Space? What does it say in the PLot Style-column in the Layer Manager? Does it have any other color specified in the VP Color -column?

I think its best if I attach an example of the drawing. If you don't mind taking a look yourself?

I did not compile the drawing, I received it from another company and have to work from it.

Something else I've noticed is the plot preview is rather pixellated. Perhaps related?

See attached file.

SAMPLE.dwg

Is it possible that this drawing has had the command CONVERTPSTYLES used on it? That is, it's set to use named plot styles rather than a color table. That would explain why it's ignoring your color table.

CyberAngel - Im not entirely sure how I would go about reversing that if it were true?

rkent - I have changed SHADEMODE to 2D but unfortunately no change.

Not sure whats going on here.

Don't let me down Tiger, you usually have the answers to my problems :)

Edited by MisterJingles

Check the system variable PSTYLEMODE. If the value is 0, you have named plot styles. Use CONVERTPSTYLES to change your drawing to color-dependent style.

CyberAngel - Im not entirely sure how I would go about reversing that if it were true?

rkent - I have changed SHADEMODE to 2D but unfortunately no change.

Not sure whats going on here.

Shademode to 2D is the answer, go into the viewport and change to 2D, also go to model space layout and do it there as well. I can reproduce it here and make it work by doing that.

Shademode to 2D is the answer, go into the viewport and change to 2D, also go to model space layout and do it there as well. I can reproduce it here and make it work by doing that.

That works for me in model space but not in paper space. You need to change the shade plot for the viewport in paper space.

Hi ! I just tried his and it might help you ( it worked for me).... go on modelspace, copy all, open one of your template or a typical dwg with your configuration, paste it... everything was fine. You might want also to change all color by layer but not necessary !

Sorry I have been away from work after demolishing my shin on the edge of a swimming pool.

I change SHADEMODE to 2D in MS and it changes nothing, but if I do as Mr Kent suggests and change is through the VP then it works fine. I did not have to do it in both.

Thanks everyone, glad my questions are getting slightly trickier to answer.

*scurries off to look up what the hell SHADEMODE does*

Thanks everyone, glad my questions are getting slightly trickier to answer.

Glad you got it sorted - and you are well beyond my league now :P