viewports line are not shown

19cruthik68

hello,

I have a question regarding viewports. We received drawings from our sub-contractor and we noticed that there is something wrong with their drawing, so I decided to make the modification, but when i opened the file and switched it to layout tab, I was not able to see the line for their respective viewports. I am wondering how did they do that? Does anyone knows about that. but if you are going to double click that drawing, the viewport will be visible.

One more thing is, when i found the viewport and re-scale the things that i want to show inside that viewport, I was confused because in the model tab there are only two drawings which is the plan layout of our project, (the section view and the top view). what they want to show in layout tab is only the topview, so, when i tried to check they used only the top view, yes, but how? because in model tab as what i have said before "THERE'S ONLY 2 DRAWINGS" I am wondering if the make some tricks with this. i hope you all got my questions.

The viewports are on a layer which is viewport frozen. Click into your sheet, and check in the layers dropdown and unfreeze the viewport layer in that viewport.

You can cycle through the full range of viewports by holding down the control button and typing the letter r repeatedly. This should help you to understand where any and all viewports are.

Also, you can uncheck the Display Plotstyles box on your layout manager dialog box. Then, the viewport border will show up in the layout if the layer it is on is set to not print.

The viewports are on a layer which is viewport frozen. Click into your sheet, and check in the layers dropdown and unfreeze the viewport layer in that viewport.

You can cycle through the full range of viewports by holding down the control button and typing the letter r repeatedly. This should help you to understand where any and all viewports are.

Alright i just forgot that thing, thanks for reminding. but one more question "One more thing is, when i found the viewport and re-scale the things that i want to show inside that viewport, I was confused because in the model tab there are only two drawings which is the plan layout of our project, (the section view and the top view). what they want to show in layout tab is only the topview, so, when i tried to check they used only the top view, yes, but how? because in model tab as what i have said before "THERE'S ONLY 2 DRAWINGS" I am wondering if the make some tricks with this. i hope you all got my questions. "

what will i do then?

Typically the viewport serves a couple of distinct functions.

The most important thing that gets done in a viewport is determining what will be shown on the issued drawing. It is clear from your description that they have unlocked the viewport and adjusted the view, meaning that they have isolated in the viewport the part that is relevant to this layout, in this case, the TOP VIEW.

(I strongly suggest that you save a copy of this drawing before proceeding, just in case you need it.)

The way to do this is.....

1. Double click in the viewport. Once you have done this the viewport perimeter will be highlighted, as if it has been selected, which it has. You are now in modelspace, looking through the open window which is your viewport.

2. If you open PROPERTIES you will be able to see whether the viewport is LOCKED or not. You will need to unlock it if it is locked, and most likely it will be. Although perhaps it is not, as you mentioned being able to adjust the scale, which is slightly ambiguous. In any case the viewport will need to be unlocked to proceed.

3. Having double clicked into your unlocked viewport you can now hold down the scroll wheel (assuming that there is one) on your mouse, and move it around (holding down your mouse wheel the whole time you are moving it), which will effectively change what you see through the viewport. If you roll your wheel at all it will zoom you in or out, as opposed to repositioning your view. If there is a perimeter window around everything that you want to show, then you can use ZOOM window to select that portion of modelspace, otherwise you will need to align it manually, zoom to the appropriate zoom level and relock your viewport when you are done.

The second important use of a viewport is to scale the view to fit your sheet, or the project standard scale before the drawing is issued. I assume that there will be dimensions and additional annotations somewhere, likely you know where they should be, either in modelspace or in paperspace. Whatever is the standard for the project or company where you are working.

Good luck, I hope this helps you, and that you DO remember to make a copy before unlocking your viewport.