Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti448 not supported???

mmmoriyama

Hi all,

I recently built a machine... a pretty nice machine... got everything up and running and when I go to use autocad I find that its behaving slowly, after checking a few things I'm starting to think it may have to do with my graphics card. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti448 which I don't see that it's supported on the autocad website.

So what does this mean? I'm completely out of luck? What are my options here?

It means little at this point.

AutoCAD could be running slowly for any number of other reasons.

Post the hardware specs on your computer.

What OS are you running? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

AutoCAD 2012. Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you built this computer to be specifically for AutoCAD why hadn't you checked out what supported and recommended graphics cards were on the AutoDesk list to begin with?

Wow, you bought a $300 video card without checking if it was certified? Checking the certified hardware list of any professional design software should be the foundational step that dictates the hardware purchases.

Well the GTX260 passes so perhaps the architecture won't be that different with the never card (still might be night and day different). It seems to be just faster with better DX and OpenGL support.

Reading a review of this card it seems that bad performance can come from inadequate power for this monster. A report states it needs at least a 550w PS.

reference:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert/details?siteID=123112&catID=16303594&id=16391880&product=13&os=8192&card=120

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=568&card2=660

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-560-ti-448-core-review/1

still reading review myself

Hi all, thank you very much for your help. I know its a very rookie mistake, but this is the first computer I've built and so there were some mistakes I made even after doing as much research as I could. Here are some details about my machine:

Windows 7 (64)

Autocad 2012 (64)

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I72600K

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GV-N560448-13I GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

-What do you mean what driver am I running?

-The hardware acceleration is on. And I've updated the "adaptive degradation and performance tuning"

-The view tune log says:

Performance Tuner Results Log

Version: 18.2.0.3

Date of Last Tune: 1/13/2012

Machine Configuration

---------------------

Processor Speed : 3.4 GHz

RAM : 32685 MB

3D Device

---------

Name : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Manufacturer : NVIDIA

Chip set : GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Memory : 4064 MB

Driver : 8.17.0012.8566

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

As more graphics cards and 3D display drivers are tested, they are added to a list on the Autodesk website.

You can check for updates and download the latest certification list at any time. Run the 3DCONFIG command and click the Check for Updates button.

Current application driver: acaddm10.hdi

Although my computer is for architecture school, it is not primarily for autocad. I mostly use Rhino and Maxwell Renderer, which do not have and graphics card specs that I know of. Similarly, I was unaware that autodesk posted a list of compatible cards and I bought this cards from recommendations I've read from forums. I didn't know there was such a thing as graphics card incompatibility with any software, I thought it was just a matter of how good or bad it would be...

Thanks for all your help!

Autocad runs fine on my home computer that has a Nvidia GTX 560 TI. (two actually, one per display)

I can easily select huge amounts of drawing, up to 150,000 items without delay. I can process or modify 80 MP images smoothly.

I don't think it's a graphics card.

Since I built my PC for gaming and multimedia, Autocad graphics certification wasn't important.

however it does appear you graphics driver is out of date, did you install a new driver when you booted up the system for the first time? otherwise its some Microsoft-supplied plug-n-play one that is not intended for heavy use.

drop by nvidia's website and download the latest driver.

Last I checked, the most recent Nvidia graphics driver release is version 250-something. the version 8 you have is a windows plug n play driver.

here's the link to download newest driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

Everything works fine when I close the "Properties" tab. This is slightly inconvenient, but is that a universal thing? I would still like to have it not be that way...What do you guys think?

Sounds more like an issue with your ACAD installation. Do as Styk suggested, if that does not work try a a reinstalltion. Also, I had a similar issue at home with the regular GTX 560 Ti, but all I had to do was reinstall the driver and it was fine afterwards. Mine was causing almost every program to crash (from World of Warcraft, Inventor, AutoCAD, Photoshop and some older games as well), so I dont think its a driver issue with your graphic card.

Everything works fine when I close the "Properties" tab. This is slightly inconvenient, but is that a universal thing? I would still like to have it not be that way...What do you guys think?

Properties (Dimensions usually) has been a bug for awhile. Keep them collapsed and it helps. Kill off SpyCenter (Infocenter/comcenter) will help. See THIS.

What AntiVirus are you running?

When you finally exhaust all possibilities and you are thinking you might want to do an uninstall / reinstall....STOP.

1. Try a REPAIR first.

2. If that fails to fix the problem find, read and follow AutoDesk's recommended procedure for preparing your system for a clean reinstall of AutoCAD.

-Installed all service updates and hot fixes.

-Antivirus: Malwarebytes.

-What is "REPAIR", I type that in and it doesn't recognize that as a command.

Thanks guys,

Max

The REPAIR option attempts to repair the installation. Example: you have a corrupt or missing dll. Why bother to do a complete uninstall / reinstall to fix a minor problem? That would be like changing all four tires on your car because one was low on air. Should the REPAIR option not solve the problem then you bring out the big guns. I just posted a link for someone else about the recommended procedure for preparing for a clean reinstall of AutoCAD. A quick search should pull up the thread with my post. Do it right the first time and you should encounter no further problems. Your mileage may vary.