Can't uninstall AutoCAD 2006

Jennyc

Something went wrong when I tried to install AutoCAD 2006 and I need to uninstall then reinstall, but when I try to uninstall I get a message that says

".NET is not installed. AutoCAD 2006 cannot be installed without this component. See your system administrator for more information."

I read somewhere that Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 is required for cad 2006 so I installed that, it didn't work. Then I read that the acad.exe.config file may be preventing .NET framework 1.1 from running because it tells it to use the most recent version of .NET framework. I guess there is a way to change the config file but I don't know how to do that. So I uninstalled all .NET framework versions except 1.1 and I still get the same error message. Any advice?

On the Autodesk website there is a detailed description of how to uninstall an Autocad installation. Any peripheral stuff needs to be uninstalled before the program itself. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

The uninstall didn't work in Safe Mode. It gave me this error message:

The Windows Installer service is not accessible in Safe Mode. Please try again when your computer is not in Safe Mode or you can use System Restore to return your machine to a previous good state.

I had already tried uninstalling peripheral stuff and that didn't work either. :(