Many errors

SAM_R

I just switch from autocad 2008 to 2012 at my office now when I open drawing I get and message that say 300+ errors found. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Thank you for any hepl.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• SAM_R

• SLW210

• mateen

Top Posters In This Topic

Corrupted files?

You're running an audit of the drawings when you open them or does this just pop up automatically with no input from you?

It pops up automatically when I open them. It tells me to run recover I do that and the error still comes up. I open and don't run recover and the error still comes up. Now I work on the files save them and open them, I get the error but have not lost any work. Could it be the blocks from my 2008 cad are causing this error?

Try running an audit on one of the files and pay attention to what AutoCAD reports back on the command line (or open a text window via the F2 key).

Do you make it a habit to purge drawings as well?

Why would you suspect your blocks might be the source of the problems?

By the way, you should probably change your profile to read AutoCAD 2012.

This is what came up when I ran AUDIT:

Command: AUDIT

Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] : Y

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1

Pass 1 2300 objects audited

Auditing Entities Pass 2

Pass 2 2300 objects audited

Auditing Blocks

31 Blocks audited

Total errors found 0 fixed 0

Erased 0 objects

Command:

I do have a habbit of purgeing drawing. I make it part of my set up. I thought it might be the blocks because the are from 2008 and now i'm using 2012. Like the drawing i'm working on now when I open it says 354 errors detected. Other bigger drawing say 450+.

I still don't think it has anything to do with the blocks from 2008. You could open one of the block drawings and run an audit just on it just to check.

When you purge a drawing do you use the command line version? Do you initially purge Regapps then go back and purge a second time?

I find that using the command line version (-purge - note the dash) and purging Regapps first then rerunning the command and selecting the option "All" gives the best results. You may disagree.

After doing so I then run the Audit command.

One thing that should be noted about purging regapps. If you have xref's attached to the drawing and if those xref's have the same regapps in them they will repopulate all the drawings they are attached to with the registered applications until they are purged as well. So purging an affected drawing once will not be enough unless you purge the files that are causing it.

A few regapps will not be a problem most of the time though. However if you have 49,000+ that would be. This use to be an issue on one of our projects because we had to trade files with other companies that were contracted with us.

There is a regapps cleanup utility that can be found here. Read the Readme.txt file for instructions on how to use it.

I had this problem last week... Couldn't fix it, ended up doing a WBLOCK on the drawing and creating a new drawing from the WBLOCK (exploding on insertion). Problem solved.

Not sure if that helps or not..

Hello by the way :) I'm new :)

• 3 months later...

I ran -Purge and Audit several times with no luck. Each time I reopened the file it reported 473 errors. Even tried the DXFOUT/DXFIN trick but that did not seem to work either.

Wblock eliminates the errors.

Did this file at one time originate in a vertical product like civil3D or MEP?

in 2011. Audit found and fixed 2 errors. Upon Auditing I see this...

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1
Pass 1 2800    objects auditedAeccDbRootSettingsNode(6FFA)      was repaired.
Pass 1 3100    objects audited
Auditing Entities Pass 2
Pass 2 2800    objects auditedAeccDbRootSettingsNode(6FFA)      was repaired.
Pass 2 3100    objects audited
Auditing Blocks

15      Blocks audited
Total errors found 2 fixed 2
Erased 0 objects