Hatch displaying as solid (visual problem)

Organic

I have a hatch (that is not solid). Sometimes it displays as a solid hatch though, although if I move the hatch (even slightly) the display issue is resolved and the hatch displays properly (i.e. not solid anymore). Regen doesn't fix the display issue, only moving the hatch slightly (temporarily).

I'm not sure how far away from the origin the hatch is although it is no further than what it would normally be when it works fine (and it can't be moved closer to the origin anyway as that would screw up my models real world coordinates). Any thoughts? :)

Try adjusting the scale. In Dadgad screen shot above on the left side in the scale drop down list change the scale 1 to 0.50 check to see what that looks like.

keep adjusting the scale to fit.

I always use "Specified Origin" and select part of the boundary (usually somewhere close to the center). Hatches seem to have always acted weird when not close to the origin.

Also, resetting the scale to .9 or even .999 might help.

I just poked around in the hatch dialog and saw some things I'd not seen before. Might this help? Just brainstorming here.

That did not seem to fix it.

Try adjusting the scale. In Dadgad screen shot above on the left side in the scale drop down list change the scale 1 to 0.50 check to see what that looks like.

keep adjusting the scale to fit.

The scale is fine, it is not a scaling issue where the scale is too small that it appears solid.

I always use "Specified Origin" and select part of the boundary (usually somewhere close to the center). Hatches seem to have always acted weird when not close to the origin.

Also, resetting the scale to .9 or even .999 might help.

Yeah, I tried that although its still a no go on these two pieces of hatch (others with seemingly the same properties work fine though - recreating those two gives the same problem though). It is only two though so not a problem in the grander scheme of things.

• 2 weeks later...

im getting the same problem i tihnk

mine only happens when i use a background color tho

if i turn off background color everything displays fine then when i turn it on it appears solid

i just saw on another forum that there was a problem from 2010 to 2012 that you needed to change the HPMAXLINES to 10000000 its set to 1000000 by default

it fixed a similar problem the person was having with a sand hatch

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I just fixed it by checking "specified origin" (instead of "use Current Origin") and setting "Default to Boundary Extends" to "Center". Hope that helps

• 3 years later...

This problem had been bothering me for ages, a workaround I've found for AutoCAD 2013 is to set the hatch at the scale you want (which goes solid) then change the scale to 1, then undo and the scale you want should be visible.