Purge AEC Block Names

jmerch

I'd like to get rid of all AEC block names in my template. I've tried BLDSYSPURGE and that didn't work. We don't currently use ACAD MEP for it's intended purpose so I just want these out of the block name list in our template for now. Is there a way to do so?

No, you can't. Well, you can if you're a programmer and can access all the hidden AEC Elements that aren't available via the OOTB purging objects. Best thing to do is swap out your Startup and QNEW templates with a standard AutoCAD Template. You can access this from the vanilla AutoCAD profile. Make all the adjustments you need and save as DWT, this is what I do.

In fact there might be a bad-ace purging program floating around... I think I saw one over at TheSwamp.org that got beneath the surface, but it only went so far.

Ah, forgot about the export to AutoCAD command, yeah that does it too. Forgot to think outside the box today, lol.

Jeff H over at TheSwamp.org showed me the AEC Template in his Programming IDE and there's all kinds of crap you can't access, it's crazy.

Acad 2012 has some extra purge tools re AEC objects, pretty sure seen it metioned that you can start Autocad with a dwg called . which is totally blank our smallest dwt is 80k

Someone may have a dxf that will equal a dwg with absolute minimum of info.

Also, the command AECOBJEXPLODE will do it without the need to create another file. I use these settings. You may need to select "All Layouts".

AECOBJEXPLODE.jpg