Editable table within dynamic titleblock?

KathleenMEP

Hi guys,

I was looking for some advice on dynamic blocks. I'm working on my first one at the moment and slowly getting the hang of things but this bit has beaten me. icon_question.gif

I've created a titleblock with a menu to select sheet size, a single set of attibutes that serve all the different sheets, but now I'm trying to find a way to add a table.

The table is to sit above the title box and include information on:

• New revision number
  • Text detailing changes since the last revision (might be single or multiple line text)
  • Date of new revision

The bottom line needs to sit flush to the top of the title block so the top line would be moving up the sheet as new lines are added if that makes sense?

I've managed to figure out everything else using forums and tutorials but this really has got me beaten. :? Is there a way to do it?

Thanks in advance icon_lol.gif

Edited by KathleenMEP

I made something similar for a BOM maybe. See what you think. I use a fixed table for revisions with 5 lines, but I think the BOM could be adapted to work for the revisions.

I've tried to attach the file to this post. I've done a sort of makeshift table at moment but it's not ideal. I don't know if we'll have 1 revision or 10. Normally there are only 2 or 3 so I don't want to leave it set up with lots of rows and clutter the page.

Mike I do have visibility states set up for switching between sheet sizes. I couldn't get it to work for the attributes though so I've had to go the long way round and just move them using the lookup box.

SLW210 I'm having trouble opening your file but I'll keep trying. Certain files on here when I click I get asked to log in again over and over.

StykFacE I've not used the sheet set manager before. I joined the company in June and I'd only really used Revit up till then. Is the sheet set manager part of the project manager or is it completely different? I'll see what I can find on the SSM and try to figure something out. I know there's a sheet tab on the project manager but I was told not to use it, we've to set up sheets in the views tab.

I'm starting think I should have started with something a bit simpler for my first dynamic block :P Thanks for all the replies

Edited by KathleenMEP
Removing old file

Ok I've been playing around with it some more. I've used a second look up box and more visibility states to put in Revs1-10, but I can't get them to link, is that possible?

The first look up box just controls the sheet, the second one controls the revision table.

Can I set it so that the first look up box just sets up the sheet size and the second just controls the revs without any crossover?

Right now when I change the rev it changes the sheet size too. I can only seem to have one or the other. I want them to overlap almost.

I'm not sure I'm making any sense so I've attached the new file and removed the old one.

DynnamicBlockPost.dwg

Do you mean Project Navigator by chance? If you're using the Project Navigator then you're well ahead of the game, and should definitely use the Sheet Set Manager (aka SSM). If you're used to Revit then it'll be a no brainer to use the SSM and Project Navigator, since Autodesk stole it from the Project Browser in Revit anyways. And Revit does is soooooo much better so you'll learn to hate the limitations of AutoCAD MEP's attempt at the Project Navigator.

Here's some reference:

Project Navigator - http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadarchitecture/enu/online-help/search#WScedd0d2069f889345e3974fa25667833-7fe2.htm

SSM - http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadarchitecture/enu/online-help/search#WScedd0d2069f889345e3974fa25667833-7fdc.htm

Automatic Sheet List - http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadarchitecture/enu/online-help/search#WScedd0d2069f889345e3974fa25667833-7f81.htm

Do you mean Project Navigator by chance?

Yes that's the one, never even noticed I called it the wrong thing! Must be this block draining me :P

Thanks for the links, I've added them to my favourites so have a read through. My boss is against using it, says it slows everything down. But we just got new PC's so maybe now would be the time to start using it properly. I do agree that Revit's is better, I prefer it to AutoCAD in a lot of ways.

I've got the dynamic title block working now. I added extra visibility states, which isn't ideal but it does the job.

I was hoping to have a look up to select the sheet size, then another to change the revs but instead I have one that does A0 - Rev 1, A0 - Rev 2, A0 - Rev 3, right through to A3 - Rev 10. It's not ideal but it's not going to be used often enough that it'll get annoying.