Revit 2012 won't open a new file.

agnatz

Brand new to Revit. 2012 version installed fine on my Asus G51J after memory was upgraded, but can't open a new file. Error message: "An error occurred while drawing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed." :( And, sure enough, it was.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same problem. :glare:

Is this a graphics card problem? A previous thread recommended ditching the GeForce card the computer came with and going for an NVidia Quadro but which one?!? There are lots out there. Would rather not break the bank if I don't have to.

I should probably mention that after I click OK when the first error message is displayed, the program does ask me to choose a view as but when I try to do so it pulls up a window for the view I selected then gives me the same error message and sends me back to the home page.

Edited by agnatz
to describe problem more fully

To be perfectly honest I am not 100% sure. I just got the program, have never worked in it before and have not existing Revit files to try to open. I do know that it gives the same error message for anything I try to open or start new under Families and Projects.