Adobe Illustrator recognizes stroke weight in the Transform Palette

bbankston

I'm a little embarrassed to ask this but, as I've said in my title, Illustrator is recognizing my stroke weight and aligns to stroke instead of the path. It somehow defaulted to this without me doing anything. How do I convert it back?

Again, embarrassed because I've been working with Illustrator for 12 years.

Thanks.

f700es, you were my only hope. :(

$10 says ReMark knows how to fix it, why it happened, how to prevent it in the future and make me insanely jealous of his multi-software knowledge. And he probably doesn't even use Adobe Illustrator!

Sorry to disappoint ;) You know 10x my Illustrator knowledge. Remark, he knows his CAD but Ill might be beyond his cybernetic knowledge. My current workstation is getting re0imaged and I am on my old box at work with no Illustrator installed so I can't even check at the moment. I can at home but I am going to an ACC Basketball game tonight so I can't check for you.

Thanks anyhow, f700es. I did check the web before posting and did some digging on my own (I'd hate to be called lazy). Hopefully somebody on here has the knowledge to help. Enjoy the game!

Thanks, it's Wake Forest (where I work) vs. Florida State. Might be ugly tonight :(

Thanks anyhow, f700es. I did check the web before posting and did some digging on my own (I'd hate to be called lazy). Hopefully somebody on here has the knowledge to help. Enjoy the game!

I've got the answer for all who are interested but I'd like to give props to the guy that gave it to me. He has his own Adobe Illustrator website and I'd like to thank him for his answer by posting his URL on the forum. Will this be okay with the Moderators?

Answer from Ryan Putnam of www.vectips.com:

Under General Preferences make sure you have "Use Preview Bounds" unchecked. This can be a handy little setting for some uses, but not if you want to use an object's path for transforming, aligning, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...