Trueview ate AecCivilBase functionality.

WindowsIHateYou

Be gentle, n00b poster.

Running ACAD 2008. Had to install Trueview 2012 to convert a file. Got tired of Trueview screwing my default open for dwg files, and uninstalled it.

Went back into ACAD, and now my dwg files are filled with ye olde "AeccDbPoint (AecCivilBase)" boxes.

I reinstalled Trueview, reopened my dwgs in ACAD, and I STILL have the "AeccDbPoint (AecCivilBase)" boxes.:x

Help?

Boxes? You mean the little icons that appear next to the file name right?

It sounds like you have to reassocciate your DWG files with your AutoCAD program. That can be done in Windows Explorer.

To elaborate a bit, Windows has a default handler for file types it recognizes. For instance, a WAV file might be playable with several pieces of software, but if you double-click on the file itself, Windows uses the default. You can change the default by opening Windows Explorer, pulling down the Tools menu, selecting Folder Options, and going to the File Types tab. Pick the DWG file type and change the default software. You might want to go over the other extensions as well while you have that tool open.

You may be getting the AecCivilBase message because you converted a drawing to a format that vanilla AutoCAD won't read. You may have to convert the drawing back or use Audit/Recover.

Be gentle, n00b poster.

Running ACAD 2008. Had to install Trueview 2012 to convert a file. Got tired of Trueview screwing my default open for dwg files, and uninstalled it.

Went back into ACAD, and now my dwg files are filled with ye olde "AeccDbPoint (AecCivilBase)" boxes.

I reinstalled Trueview, reopened my dwgs in ACAD, and I STILL have the "AeccDbPoint (AecCivilBase)" boxes.:x

Help?

OOTB Trueview does not recognize vertical (i.e.: Civil 3D) objects, so they were probably converted to proxy objects. Moreover, Civil 3D drawings (if that is what this is) cannot be "saved down". The DWG portion can obviously, but not the objects.

To Clarify:

1. The problem is not with how windows handles the files, or which program opens them. I was just commenting on why I had uninstalled Trueview, which may or may not have caused the current problem.

2. I actually DIDN'T convert/resave any files with Trueview in the end.

3. I am using _PLAIN_ ACAD 2008, the files correctly displayed earlier. After Trueview install/uninstall, the problem became apparent.

4. sample of error (see pic)

Untitledcrop.png

Just guessing here. You may have uninstalled your proxy handlers when you uninstalled TrueView.

That's why I reinstalled Trueview, but it didn't fix anything.

Just to rule out the obvious, did you re-install the proxy handlers? They are separate from TrueView.

Edit: proxy handler, proxy object enabler, whatever.

Edited by CyberAngel

Just to rule out the obvious, did you re-install the proxy handlers? They are separate from TrueView.

Edit: proxy handler, proxy object enabler, whatever.

I reinstalled Trueview "full" package (or whatever the equivalent wording was). I also tried installing a few proxy hander packages, but most were not for 64bit. Is there a specific one I should I should try (retry) that you can give me an official link to?

Thanks

See red below:

autocad® 2008

autocad civil 2008 object enabler

autocad mep 2008 object enabler

autocad architecture 2008 object enabler

autocad raster design 2008 object enabler

autodesk mechanical desktop 2008 object enabler

You should have filled out your Computer Details.

I don't think 2008 was 64-bit. There was a "use at your own risk" 2008 64-bit. Is your 2008 64-bit? How was it installed?

If you post your file here maybe someone can repair it and save it down.

You should have filled out your Computer Details.

I don't think 2008 was 64-bit. There was a "use at your own risk" 2008 64-bit. Is your 2008 64-bit? How was it installed?

If you post your file here maybe someone can repair it and save it down.

It's NOT a problem with a single file. It happened to all dwg files that have that kind of data. Nothing was ever saved or converted with Trueview. That may have been the intent, but it never happened.

Win 7 Ult SP 1

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @2.66ghz 2.67ghz

8.00gb ram

64-bit OS

ACAD 2008 SP1 english

I do not know how it was installed since we have no IT here, and it has been on this machine longer than I have been working here.