Quick Basic Macro question

addesigns

I have a quick question. I would like to start learning and understanding macros and LISP since running AutoCAD is my career choice. I have a command that I used to use in a previous release of Autocad that is no longer in the version I use. It was the extend command, but it doesnt work the way that I would like it to. I found the steps I need to take to my liking, but when I tried to make the macro, it is not right (which I figured it wasnt going to be). I just need to know how to type the macro in properly.

The following is the steps I take without having a macro

1. Press ex (extend)

2. Press enter

3. Press enter

4. Press e (edge)

5. Press enter

6. Press enter

7.Select the first line.

8. Select the second line.

I would like this command to make my lines that are not directly in path with eachother to meet at their intersection.

I hope that this is not too difficult to understand.

Thank you

Good Idea-

My goal was to basically use the chamfer command. I dont use that command too often and I dont like that you have to pick the lines vs click and drag to highlight.

The macro I used is as follows.

^C^Cextend;;e;;

It is a quick click the button and highlight the first line then hit enter and then highlight the send line and they will extent to eachother.

Now if I can only find a way to make a shortcut keyboard for this command.......

It seems very curious to me that you prefer to highlight a line and then press enter, rather than just picking a line. You seem to be doing more work rather than less :?

Have you considered using Fillet? Just two clicks with no entering would accomplish what you appear to want. (have to set the radius at zero the first time only)

It seems very curious to me that you prefer to highlight a line and then press enter, rather than just picking a line. You seem to be doing more work rather than less :?

Have you considered using Fillet? Just two clicks with no entering would accomplish what you appear to want. (have to set the radius at zero the first time only)

You could even create a toolbar button that would set the radius to zero without having to remember to do it.

That's the great thing about this forum and AutoCAD. Ask 50 people how to do something, you get 50 different answers and at least 48 of them will work. Just pick the one you like best!

• 3 weeks later...