Fastest way to get to "Options"?

nestly

While quickly scanning the "F*" keys (default assignments), I noticed that when Menubar = 0, pressing "F10" to toggle Polar On/Off also engages the "Alt" button shortcuts for the Ribbon. When Menubar = 1 this behavior is not observed at all (for menus, or ribbon).

Just thought I'd share this unexpected, useless piece of information. :geek:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nestly

• Jack_O'neill

• BlackBox

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a Mouse Button and Key? Does Right-Click + O(ptions) do it for you?

Yes, that does work, however that's not the one I had in mind because it menu driven, whereas in video I posted, there is no menu, and nothing shows up in Dynamic Input to indicate any keystrokes, the dialog box just opens "magically", similar to what happens with CTRL+O (Open)

I really do appreciate all the help and suggestions, I'm happy enough using Ctrl+Left Arrow which I've assigned to Options. If my memory fails on this one, at least I can look it up in my custom.cuix under shortcut keys.

The video was edited, as you see later (41 Seconds), he clearly uses Right-Click>Options.

Yeah, actually it was NOT edited.

Sometimes I use Shift-Right click to force a particlar Osnap, other times I pick the Osnap from a toolbar.

Sometimes I open the Dimension styles dialog with "D", other times, I click the Dimstyle button on the Dimension toolbar, I've even been known to type out the whole command name in videos to clearly show what command is being used.

If you go through any of my longer videos you'll likely see that I often use more than one method to complete the same task depending on the work flow. If I'd have wanted be deceitful, I certainly could have linked a different video, or I would have edited that one. I knew both methods were in the same vid, it never occurred to me that it would become an issue.

BTW, the date that video was uploaded was May 16, 2011... or perhaps I've been planning this elaborate hoax for 9 months? :(

Edited by nestly

Nice, you can remember not editing, but not how you did it. Could also have been a custom shortcut, nothing in the video tells me different. No one accused you of a hoax or anything else.

But, if you want to get an attitude I am done.

2) Not imagination (see 11 seconds into this video )

Just downloaded Google Chrome to watch this video...

The video was edited, as you see later (41 Seconds), he clearly uses Right-Click>Options.

... More specifically, making selections will not change the last command used. ;)

Hypothetically...

If one were to use the OPTIONS command (in any of it's variants), then close the Options dialog in one form or another, presumably when changes have been accepted, the last command registered would be OPTIONS.

If one then proceeds to begin recording a screencast, make a crossing selection, escape, make a window selection, escape, etc. then simply right-click... one would (again) arrive at the Options dialog.

Just saying. o:)

OP...2 keys. right there next to each other on the top row of letter keys...just sayin...ain't hard. OP...even i can do it without looking at the keyboard....:lol:

Renderman, you're 100% correct, that's totally plausible. If I could prove otherwise, I would, and as soon as I re-discover it, I will. :)

Jack, you're also 100% correct. It ain't hard.

It's never been about how to get to the Options dialog, it's about recovering what I've lost. (which now also includes a lot of time spent in this thread.)

Renderman, you're 100% correct, that's totally plausible.

herman.cain.awww.shucky.ducky.now.png

Happy to help! :beer:

If I could prove otherwise, I would, and as soon as I re-discover it, I will. :)

... May the Force be with you, young Padawan.

Renderman, you're 100% correct, that's totally plausible. If I could prove otherwise, I would, and as soon as I re-discover it, I will. :)

It's never been about how to get to the Options dialog, it's about recovering what I've lost. (which now also includes a lot of time spent in this thread.)

yeah, me too. I spent several hours the other day digging through different 2 different versions of autocad for undocumented commands, chugging through every scrap of documention I had here and could find on the internet trying to find it for you. I know what it's like to know that something works a certain way and no one else know or believe it.

Well one thing you could have been doing is using the window and arrow keys. If you had used options recently you can press the window key and the up arrow to access recent commands without your mouse. This probably isn't the answer your looking for though.

Well one thing you could have been doing is using the window and arrow keys. If you had used options recently you can press the window key and the up arrow to access recent commands without your mouse. This probably isn't the answer your looking for though.

In the 2010 version, you don't need to hit the window key, just scroll through recent keyboard entry by with the up arrow.

No harm, no foul. By my count there are at least 8 others who have invested more than a little time and energy (and even a little well intentioned and hastily expunged levity) out of a desire to help you regain the grail. If you lacked credibility, nobody would have bothered, as the consensus seems to be that it just really isn't that hard. Your post has peaked curiosity, not animosity, welcome back to the team. I am quite sure nobody suspects you of perpetrating a hoax. :beer: