Extrim command

chizifreshi

Hi all,

I have a drawing from a surveyor showing contours which have been formed by 2D polylines. I have tried to trim out a portion of the contours, which i don't need, using extrim command but it doesn't trim any of the contour lines. Even with just the trim command i cannot trim them. i have tied exploding but still not managed to trim. Could someone kindly advice me on how to trim these unwanted contour lines

Hi all,

I have a drawing from a surveyor showing contours which have been formed by 2D polylines. I have tried to trim out a portion of the contours, which i don't need, using extrim command but it doesn't trim any of the contour lines. Even with just the trim command i cannot trim them. i have tied exploding but still not managed to trim. Could someone kindly advice me on how to trim these unwanted contour lines

Are they on a locked layer?

What are you selecting for the cutting edge?

The command line should give you a clue as to what is not happening.

Perhaps you could try the command Break :unsure:

Thanks for your help guys. Atleast for now break command works. i will follow up with the surveyor on the software he uses to generate his contours.