steel shapes

onkelbob

Al's Steel Mill is a great add-on to vanilla AutoCAD and has been floating around for years.

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/standard-blocks/steel-shapes-all-types-and-sizes

Also, all Autodesk "vertical products" have an extensive steel library that comes standard, with great functionality since they are "AEC Objects".

Thank you for the info. Our company recently purchased several AutoCAD LT licenses and we have everybody bugging the one guy with Mechanical to export shapes for them.

I am having trouble finding where to download this Al's Steel Mill from the link you provided (or a Google search).

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• onkelbob

• ReMark

• SLW210

• Jack_O'neill

I've never had an issue in the past download and using Al's Steel Mill program, but not having much luck on my new work PC that has Autocad 2018 on it. I downloaded the TIP1779.zip file from link provided above and extracted it. Opened Autocad 2018, Appload and browsed to the location of the extracted file. Then went to Options and added the folder to the support files in autocad.

When I try to run it (type STL) I get the follow error:

Error in dialog file

"C:\Users\Downloads\TIP1779\stl.dcl", line 3:

warning: redefining object.

Symbol: "stl".

Thoughts?

Thanks

Russ

Autocad 2018

Works just fine here on AutoCAD 2018. Did you read the Help file I mentioned earlier? Are you sure that is the correct path? I load mine through my ACADDOC.LSP.

(load "STL.lsp" "STL.lsp Failed to Load.")

so I actually reset all settings to default and tried it again, and it worked fine strangely enough.

Thanks for you help tho. Much appreciated.