I can't see my object(s) rotate in real time when rotating using grips

I like to think of myself as pretty competent in AutoCAD but I can't figure this one out for the life of me...

I hope I can explain this clearly: When I rotate an object using grips, the object is not shown spinning in real time. I select the object, pick the object's grip, hit to go into the rotate command and the object will rotate maybe 45^ or so and freeze (visually).

If I use the command line "Rotate" command, the selected object(s) spin in real time or if I use grips to rotate but then use an object snap, it begins to spin in real time for some reason.

I would like to use grips to rotate my objects and be able to see them rotate (like I used to in previous releases).

I hope that made sense. Thanks everyone.

I have ACAD Civil 3D 2010.

I have had this happen as well. It is an artifact caused by the graphics card best I can tell. The way I get around it is by using the Reference option in the rotate command.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Scribble. I too have found a few work-arounds. But I wish I didn't have to. Anyone else with this issue? Does anyone know how to properly fix the problem? Thanks.

Post your system specs.

Wow! RM, you basically just (indirectly) fixed my problem! :D I was going to my computer's system properties so I could answer your question. I right-clicked on 'Computer' from Windows Explorer (Windows 7) and it went straight to the Control panel's 'Adjust Visual Effects' screen. It said something like "Your Windows Experience Index is not current" and gave me an update option. I did it. It took about 3-4 minutes. Wa-La, my ACAD rotate problem is solved! Too cool!! Thanks! :D