Stretching a Line :(

Hi, long time AutoCAD user here, but I just upgraded to 2011 and am having a hard time replicating some previous functionality. Specifically, I frequently have a line and want to stretch its length by some amount. In the past I would highlight the line, snap my cursor to the endpoint, click, and begin dragging. While dragging, I would type the distance to stretch and it would do exactly that. Now, my typed value seems to be assigned to the global length of the line, rather than the relative stretched value.

I'm sure there is a simply way to change this setting, but after an hour trying to figure it out I figured I'd post! Thanks in advance. Max

Try changing DYNDIGRIP to 2.

or... Right click on the DYN button at the bottom of the screen, pick settings, dimension input settings, uncheck resulting dimension, check length change.

With DYNMODE on (1, 2, or 3), holding F12 is a temporary override key (which can be assigned to other more convenient keys). Other than that I don't know.

With DYNMODE on (1, 2, or 3), holding F12 is a temporary override key (which can be assigned to other more convenient keys). Other than that I don't know.

1 is almost perfect. It is an improvement. I like seeing everything when I grip edit, but not when I'm just drawing. Thanks.