TIN to DEM? Grid Surface from Contours?

Gambit

Hello All,

I am using Civil 3d 2010. I am trying to make a slope analysis. Slope analysis made from a TIN surface look terrible graphically, though they may be more accurate. With that said...

1. Exporting my TIN surface to a DEM does not give me a nice gridded point file as I would expect. Instead it is terraced, not the real surface of the ground. Running a slope analysis on that would give me two results flat and near vertical. How do I get a DEM output that data that is true to the earth? See attached

2. How can I make a Grid Surface from contours as that is the only data I have?

3. 80% of the work I do is in the USA. I do not want to work in metrics whenI am trying to geo reference the exported DEM. It always ends up scaled downand in the wrong place. Is there a work around to get it to be in feet and project correctly?

Thanks so much!

Note: Posted this in the wrong category before so sorry about the double post, I will try to delete the other.

Terraced Crap.dwg

Edited by Gambit

If you make the grid interval less than the resolution you have it at now it will give you a better look. Try going to 0.25 foot (or less if your PC can handle it). 2 foot intervals is not that great of a resolution for what your trying to achieve.

Scribble,

Thanks for the response. I have done a grid spacing of 1 foot, this is a huge area (2300'x2300') so 25' grid spacing is fine. The problem is that it comes out terraced not true to ground. That attachment shows the terracing. I can't figure out why it is doing that.