Pennfoster's drafting with Autocad Elective Project (civil Drafting)

HARPAL

Skills to be learned?

Did you feel that you were not taught some of the skills you needed to complete the projects? Were there some commands that were not covered in your course of learning that you picked up on your own or someone here suggested?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• paisis123

• HARPAL

• gguz

Top Posters In This Topic

Skills to be learned?

Did you feel that you were not taught some of the skills you needed to complete the projects? Were there some commands that were not covered in your course of learning that you picked up on your own or someone here suggested?

Alot of it was usually on experimentation on my own.

I can say that this course taught me no "new" commands but only taught me to make certain drawings from its written instructions. Alot of my skills were gained during high school when I first experimented and learned the program. The teacher was great but I learned Alot more on my own than anyone telling me, especially when working with the projects from the course. Im sure that If I retook the course that I could complete it in under 24 hours.

Usually when I had a problem or didnt think of a way to complete something, a little research made me go far. The projects usually don't pertain to anything really current but do add skills. the instructions from the Penn Foster Course seem complex for no reason, and assume you KNOW Autocad to some extent. I didnt like how it just threw you into the fray and waited for the outcome. I was lucky in which I knew HOW to use autoCad but was stumped on the instructions they give. Its like telling a mechanic with 40+ years of experience how to fix a frakking battery. Makes unnecessary problems arise.

I will send you the files when I get home. Thanks Remark.

I have found the instructions to be ambiguous at times and/or incomplete not to mention the occasional error or two (ex. - wrong coordinate for a tree).

I have found the instructions to be ambiguous at times and/or incomplete not to mention the occasional error or two (ex. - wrong coordinate for a tree).

Could not have said it better myself. You get a virtual Buggati Veyron. :D