Pennfoster's drafting with Autocad Elective Project (civil Drafting)

HARPAL

Hi Everyone

Could anyone help me find a thread for pennfoster drafting with autocad Elective project (civil drafting)? I wanna go through it to complete my dwg. quick and accurate way.

Thanks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• paisis123

• HARPAL

• gguz

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reply,

Im sorry I couldn't find any thread for this specific project No. 05404401 elective project(civil drafting). I have been confused in the following paragraph mentioned in project booklet pg 30. The rectangular area to be surveyed is located in a state in which all surveys are based on the metes and bounds sustem. In this system, the origin (or point 0,0) for the survey is at some known point. That known point could be the corner of another parcel of land, a benchmark, or a premanent fixture of some kind. In this project, the known point will be Bench Mark 1006. The southwest corner of the rectangular area to be surveyed is 563.37' from BM#1006 at a bearing of S43D52'41".

So the value of bearing S43D52'41" doesn't seem right as it doesn't ends with E or W (direction).Iwould greatful to u if u please guide me how to deal with this bearing value.I am just assuming that it should be s43d52'41"w, but not sure,not confident.

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, one would expect the bearing to be complete with the E/W direction.

I'll have to switch over to my CAD computer and see if I have a copy of this project. As the Terminator was wont to say.....

I'll be back.

OK....I'm back. Are we talking about the Olsen Village project?

Thanks for the PDF.

It looks familiar in one respect. I think it is a revised version of the old Project 6. The student lays out a grid, adds all the spot elevations and using those interpolates new elevations to establish the contours.

The old Project 6 started out like this:

"Ms. Capitano is a property owner who wants to build a residence on her land. The land is an odd-shaped piece of property in a relatively hilly area on the outskirts of town. Before she decides on the actual location for her house, she hires The Spinone Firm, a civil engineering company, to survey the existing roadways, buildings, trees, and contoursof the land. The company will conduct this survey at 10-foot contour intervals."

I agree with your earlier assessment that the bearing should be to the southwest. I've started reading ahead and found another error. The coordinates for the first of thirty existing trees is given as 106440,-72.12 which does not look right compared to all the other coordinates listed. Someone at P-F did not have the PDF thoroughly proof read.

Edited by ReMark

Hi

That is the different project but very much similar to this one.If you get any thread or old post for this project please help me out.

Thanks a bunch

• 10 months later...

Hi !! good eveing and Happy New Year, I think by now you already passed the Course completly (Drafting with AutoCad) I notice that back in 2011 Nov, you were asking or Elective Project (Civil Drafting) and now I am at that

part of the course and I wll like to know if you be kind to help me clear some things and be able to help me out. My question or better yet is to ask you a picture of the fundation Plan Plate 1-1 and info about the Site Plan Plate 2-3

Thanking you in advance for anything you may be able to help me with , thanks and Happy New Year 2013.

Gguz

gguz: The images have been posted in the past. Please check some of the other Penn-Foster civil drafting threads in this forum.

People really need to learn that. You must exhaust all your available avenues before asking for someones help on the forums. Its just a way to be nice. :)

Maybe one thread per each project could contain just images of each plate and each thread titled so there is no confusion. Then the threads should be locked. They would be considered for "viewing purposes only" and not a place to ask/answer questions. How does that sound? We'd have to get the cooperation of one of the mods to assist.

Example of thread title:

Penn-Foster AutoCAD course - Project 6 ( Civil ) - Plates 1 thru 4

I would Like that. I think I have some of the completed projects from Penn Foster that I took in DWG format which I could export into a JPEG for viewing purposes only If you need them.

But otherwise that is a great Idea it would stop an overflow of new threads that have already been answered already

That would be most generous of you but I would advise stripping out any personal information before creating the image.

Did you do all the projects and one elective as well?

Almost everything I have, with the exception of the Oleson Village project that I recently instructed someone on, was given over to me by a former CADTutor member who took the P-F course. The only stipulations he had were 1) that I continue to assist students, as he had been doing, with their questions and 2) and that I not post the actual DWG files only images (JPG or PNG).

Yes, I can strip out any relevant information.

Can I send you the DWG's to you through a private avenue?

I don't have everything but I do have some dwgs that are done. But take note that they are not 100% correct

Sure, I can leave little notes in the drawing itself, if I can find the mark ups. But I will see how much Info I have and modify it accordingly.

A PM will be great. Thanks!

Also, Hopefully we can streamline this forums for this course and have a locked thread or archive of the projects with explanations on what to expect and what skills needed to be learned in order to proceed.