Move multiple layouts dwg to dwg

RRS1987

Dear all,

I have the drawings, which has 64 layouts each. I want to move the multiple layouts to one dwg (means one drawing should have 128 multiple layouts with in)

At this that two drawings having layout only, i deleted all object in model space, model space would be the same for that two drawings, after i made the combined dwg.

I tired to move the layout by using drag and drop on design center, It was not done. the autocad shows the message was fatal error: out of memory.

If is there another way to do this?

Please could someone help to me.

Thanks in advance.

I am having a hard time imagining why you want to have 128 layouts in one drawing.

How big are these drawings?

Have you purged and audited them, and done a ZERO Incremental Save Percentage SAVE. With a mind to making these drawings as small and clean as they can possibly be before this Brondignagian union.

Searching the Autocad help f1 for LAYOUT I see this which might be a good place for you to start.

Saving each of the existing layouts as a template, and going from there, by creating new layouts from those templates in the right click shortcut menu for LAYOUT TABS.

start here for LAYOUTS.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

The Out-Of-Memory- error message I don't think has to do with moving Layouts. I would guess that either the file you are trying to create will be huge, but I doubt it since AutoCAD can handle fairly big files. My next guess is that you are working on a network? Are there limits to the space where your file is stored? Does it do the same if you have the file(s) locally?

Sidenote - what is with all these questions about moving layouts from dwg to dwg? They seem to crop up every day the last weeks... can't remember I have seen it before at all.

I have been working with landscape drawing. In the model space I have been created 128 rectangles to divide that as area wise, and then i have to show the each rectangles via viewport in a paper space as a layout sheet.

my client asking like that.

they don't want 128 separate drawing such as model space are same and the paper having only one layout(it shows one area of lanscape) per drawing.

thanks.

OK, that makes sense, very different from the kind of work that I do, but if they are all the same size and shape that makes things a lot easier. Sounds like they are all probably in Plan View too.

As Tiger mentioned we have had an unusual amount of discussion recently on similar sorts of issues

Like I said, there shouldn't be a problem with the amount of layouts or the size of the drawing - depending on what size the DWG is (in MB)?

Are you working locally, on C:/ ? Or on a network?

Edited by Tiger