batting line type problem

simon_r

Hi i am having a problem with viewports. i have drawn a section and have used the line type batting as insulation, in model space it looks fine but when i create a view port the batting scale either goes massive or changes to a solid line, can anyone help?

i have uploaded a picture to show you guys what i mean

Untitled.png

The object LTSCALE is probably out of whack. Use the MSLTSCALE and CANNOSCALE variables to make the proper adjustments to see exactly how the linetype will reflect in a Viewport.

The object LTSCALE is probably out of whack. Use the MSLTSCALE and CANNOSCALE variables to make the proper adjustments to see exactly how the linetype will reflect in a Viewport.

Thanks for the help, will i have to do this in model space or in the view port layout? Im still a student and have never used these commands but il give it a go.

While in modelspace:

type MSLTSCALE, set to 1.

type PSLTSCALE, set to 1.

type LTSCALE, set it to1.

Use the Annotation Scale Selector on the Drawing Bar at the bottom right of the drawing screen. Set it to whatever scale you intend the paperspace Viewport to be.

While in modelspace:

type MSLTSCALE, set to 1.

type PSLTSCALE, set to 1.

type LTSCALE, set it to1.

Use the Annotation Scale Selector on the Drawing Bar at the bottom right of the drawing screen. Set it to whatever scale you intend the paperspace Viewport to be.

Ive tried this and it hasn't worked, any other ideas?. Also in my old version of autocad i had batting as a hatch but in this version i do not have this, is it possible to get it again?.

Yes i have changed the linetype in model for each of the lines to change them to the required width i need them, could this be the problem? Thanks for the help really appreciate it!

I don't understand what you mean by Width? You mean the PLINE Width?

for example. if i use the batt linetype it is drawn at a thickness say of 30mm but i need it to be 60mm so i change the linetype thickness until it gets to the required with/thickness.

Heres another way.

Just make yourself a dynamic block or use the one attached & your sorted..its my preferred method but its not for all of course, but if you like the idea just insert the block (i use mine in model space always) with the same width as you wall e.g. X value with uniform scale ticked, click on the block a little arrow will show click on it & dragg to the lenght you need, just be aware that it wont go around corners ;)

D-Insulation-S.dwg

StykFacE is quite correct though you will really need to get your head around annotative scaling & Msltscale etc best of luck.

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME