Problem with text unicode

Hi there,

I started designing in autocad 2011, which was installed and used but another person who i do not know.

My problem is that, when i save an autocad drawing and try to open it to another pc so i can print, some texts that i have added to previous drawing seem to appear in ? (unicode problem).

I created a multiline text with arial font and the other pc has arial too, but the unicode problem still appears.

I checked this drawing to other pc's too, with different autocad versions and still the problem remains.

So, my working autocad, has been modified somehow and i have to return its font functions to factory defaults or something else?

Thank you in advance

The Arial font is most likely a TrueType font which would make it a Windows font and not an AutoCAD font although, as a Windows-compliant program, AutoCAD does support the use of TrueType fonts in its drawings.

Do you know the exact name of the font you are using? Example: ArialMT Bold.

If the font does not display correctly on another computer then I would say that the font has not been installed.

Its SIMPLEX, ARIAL and STANDARD fonts (its the font name i see at autocad text editor) that i have tried with the same results. Maybe there is an option to use only Autocad fonts and not windows fonts or something?

AutoCAD fonts are usually denoted with the SHX file type while TrueType fonts have a TTF file type.

Simplex is an AutoCAD font and was included in earlier versions of AutoCAD. AutoCAD 2012 has a Simplex8.shx font. I think I still have a copy of the original Simplex font saved somewhere.

Standard is a font style. It utilizes the Txt.shx font. Txt.shx ships with AutoCAD.

Arial is a TrueType font and ships with Windows. In Windows 7 for example there is the Arial, Arial Rounded MT Bold, and Arial Unicode MS Regular fonts. You can view all the Windows fonts by using Explorer and looking in C:\Windows\fonts.

Two other types of Arial fonts are Arial Narrow and Arial Black. These fonts might be included with other programs. For complete information about Windows fonts, by family or by program, click on this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/

Edited by ReMark