3D and inclined objects

pm4698

I started experimenting on 3D modeling. So, i design a polyline which is my main building and i extrude it to the desired height. If i have an inclined object as an inclined roof, how could i extrude only the first point of the line so i can have a 3d angled object?

Thank you in advance

You should open your modeling and your solid editing toolbars and play around with the commands there. There are a number of different ways it could be done. You could chamfer or taper it. There are those who would use the LOFT command, which is pretty straight forward.

Depending on the axis of your inclination you might just want to model a wedge on the solid editing toolbar and put that on top. If it is an off-axis compound angle then I would probably just use the SLICE command. First I would make an oversized circle with the centerpoint at the appropriate vertex, then I would use the 3DROTATE command to orient it correctly. Once I was sure it was good (probably best to look at it in an isometric perspective), I would use the circle as the CUTTING OBJECT in the SLICE command. :)

You provide us with an image of the type of roof you have in mind and you'll probably get three different suggestions on how to construct it.