really strange plotting issue

Alan M

Hi Guys,

I really hope someone can help me with this one . I am using AutoCad 2000i LT and I have just bought a refine MH721 cutter/plotter so that I can plot drawings on A1 paper.

I was helped by the plotter supplier in getting it set up but in AutoCad I have a really odd issue.

If I draw a circle , text or a radius line and plot it ... no problem. If, however I try to plot a straight line the plotter goes over it 15 , yes FIFTEEN times. Any ideas? this is driving me crazy. All line weights are the same and my HP 3050 printer print drawings fine.:(

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan M

• ReMark

• bill_borec

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be part of the problem right there.

When you say the cutter/plotter is "refine" do you mean it is an older model that has been refurbished?

Repeat: Could be a driver problem.

I agree with ReMark....Driver problem...as a work around, have you tried 'printing' to a .pdf, then use adobe to print to the cutter/plotter? Has worked in the past.

ReMark,

The cutter plotter is brand new a uscutters Mh721 'refine' is the model .Sorry, how do I print to a pdf. I can't save as pdf in Autocadcan I?

Vanilla ACAD (even 2000i, I think) has a dwg to pdf print option. If not, you may download cutepdf writer for free. It places a new 'printer' in the plot window.

Vanilla ACAD (even 2000i, I think) has a dwg to pdf print option. If not, you may download cutepdf writer for free. It places a new 'printer' in the plot window.

Onboard DWG to PDF.pc3 was first available in 2007 version.

I would suggest downloading DWG TrueView to plot, either to the printer or PDF.

Yeah, but did he tell you it would work with AutoCAD 2000i? New OS, new cutter, new driver and old CAD software. I wonder if there could be any problems here? Hmmmm....let me think a moment. Still thinking.

go with slw210's suggestion: download and install DWG TrueView 2012. it's free. it's great for plotting. you can also use it to convert newer drawings back to version 2000, so you'll be able to open drawings that someone may send you.