How do I?

Seath

I cheated to make this drawing as I created in in AutoCAD and imported the parts into Revit Structure.

My goal is to be able to create this exact drawing using only Revit.

I know how to draw the tube steel and c-channel but I get lost after that.

Any suggestions on classes books ect..

Revit Image.jpg

I understand its not like AutoCAD and I understand that the drawings I create will not me the exact same. My question is how do I accomplish the attached in Revit is it possible?

Fist thing... have you loaded the proper structural member families? All your standard channel, bracing, and beams are already there. Got to load the Families before anything else is possible.

I have. I was able to create the main part of the structure. The 4x4 tube, c-channel and the I beams were no problem. I set the necessary levels and played with the level offsets of the elements to get them where I needed them to be. Where I get stumped is for the base and the top panels.

The top panels I assume I could treat like a slanted beam to get the slope I am looking for but my question is how do I create the "item" and them cut the design into it? Is this something I will have to create a family for? I assume it will be.

Have you dove into the 3D tools in the Family Editor? This would be all pretty simple using by simply drawing the Profiles and using the Extrusion method to create the 3D mass. Importing the necessary beams, braces, and channels would be a first step to get the foundation set. Once everything is complete, load the Family into the model and it's ready to go.

:)

Sounds easy enough.

Next question we have an extrusion we use all the time for canopy designs. How do I create it and make it function as a beam would?

I want to be able to use it as I would it I were laying out I-beams, ect.