Plotting a veiwport with hidden lines works but when I go to re print they are solid

cfrydawg

Hey guys,

First post here,

I have a huge problem that takes up sooooo much time when im laying out a drawing. I use a visual style with facet edges and occluded edges dashed and intersection edges dashed. To give my lines hidden fo fabricators to know witch way to face angle iron and so on. But here is the big problem i do a veiw port with 4 shots 1 isometric solid 1 top hidden lines front hidden lines and right hidden lines. so first time i plot it, it will work fine then i go back to plot then the lines ither become not shown at all or they will be solid. even know the veiwport still shows them as hidden lines. this drives me nuts any ideas? oh and if I delete the veiwport and make a new veiport all over again it will work for a single print then will not show it all over again.

Edited by cfrydawg
missed info

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cfrydawg

• SLW210

• nestly

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you post an example drawing and some screen shots of your plot settings? Are you plotting to a plotter or PDF etc.?

Edited by SLW210

Can you post an example drawing and some screen shots of your plot settings? Are you plotting to a plotter or PDF etc.?

IM just printing on a regular printer letter size i select while printing. the top pic shows what my screen should print, but when i print it (bottom pic)it drops the hidden lines and not even showing lines at all.

hidden lines before plot.jpg

Missing hidden lines.jpg

visual settings.jpg

visual settings top.jpg

visual settings top.jpg

visual settings.jpg

Edited by cfrydawg
missed info

i tryed to print on 0 and on 1 still dropped the hidden lines both times while i try to print. thanks for the posts. I have a lot of frustration and time wasted at this printing step. I did ont have this problem printing in model space only in papper space.

I have experienced problems in the past with 2011 when trying to plot layouts that have viewports with different visual styles. Make sure the "Shade Plot" properties for each viewport is manually assigned, not set to "As Displayed"

If you can't make it work, you might consider using FLATSHOT or VIEWBASE to create your projected views.

You said in your other post you were using AutoCAD2007, which I don't have, but I created a new VS in 2012 that matches yours, and the Plot Preview displays correctly.

I have autocad 2012 but i thought i screen shot the 2007 that I have. I mostly use that because it runs faster.

Where can i find shade plot cannot find it

actually something i just noticed is even when i change the veiwport to any diffrent visual style it stayes the exact same as what it last plotted. so its allmost like it is not reading what its plotting its going off of what it last plotted and not updating at the time I want to plot. i tryed purge did not work

Hey guys

I I have been having a huge problem with hidden lines not showing. I do a lot of work with angle iron and if the thickness of the angle is not 1/2 thick the hidden lines do not show. is there some kind of setting to adjust sentitivity? works fine on thick angle but not on 1x1x1/8

I merged your two threads. Please do not make new threads for the same question.

If you are in a hurry, try answering the questions posed to you.

You still have not provided screen shots of your plot settings.

Please help. I have a youtube clip im posting for my problem.

Check out the vedio its on youtube

or

Any responce will help I have so much time trying to sovle this

I merged your two threads. Please do not make new threads for the same question.

If you are in a hurry, try answering the questions posed to you.

You still have not provided screen shots of your plot settings.

This will be your last warning! Stop creating a new thread for the same question.

Posting the drawing is the easiest way to diagnose the problem.

Did you read this?