Need help for penn foster civil drafting project

HARPAL

I'm trying to finish up some details at the moment. Have you read through this thread....? http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?57959-Civil-drafting-school-project-help

Look for responses from a forum member who calls himself Car5858. He is the person who took the course and gave me copies of his drawings.

I'll check back in later after I finish what I have to do.

There is no section across the cul-de-sac although there is one across the driveway and some of the property on either side of it.

The student is asked to construct a centerline profile of the driveway starting at the Ocean Avenue cul-de-sac.

Treat the curves line a piece of string that you picked up and stretched out taunt. You would have to indicate the stationing for the P.C. (point of curvature) and the P.T. (point of tangency). I think they are 0+50 and 1+93.87.

ok thats making some sense to me now so the top of the driveway should basically b a straight line due to the cut and fill at an elevation of 180 and below that you show where I wouldve been had there been no cut and fill and mark it up accordingly?

Here is where, as you pointed out, the instructions fail to provide enough information. Maybe a student like Car5858 fired off an email to the school and got a response that explained things a little better. I'm not sure though.

Anyway, I think I know what you are getting at. You are going to plot both the proposed and existing grades is that what you have in mind?

yes and i too fired off an email to the instructor and i got a decent response and he asked for my plate 2 drawing so he could make sure i was on the right track but u have definatly helped me understand alot more about what im supposed to be doin here lol

I have? Could you explain it back to me then because I'm lost!:lol:

I'm glad and somewhat amazed that you actually got a response this late on a Friday afternoon. Apparently P-F has one instructor who cares.

lol yea just 1 I think hes new cause for a month i was stuck on a typo for 1 tree i didnt wanna turn it in without it in the right spot finally i call and get this guy and hes like they havent responded to ur emails??? and gave me the updated corrected coordinate. and I couldnt hope to even start but now ive got some idea on how this is supposed to be done and u fleshed out the explanation a little more than the book does i may not make my goal of getting to the final by sunday afternoon but at least im not as stuck on this project lol

Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that you finished the project.

Not sure that I really provided you with that much in the way of help but you are entirely welcomed. :)

Edited by ReMark
can't spell today

• 7 months later...
Re: existing site plan.

Some of your contours do not look correct.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32911[/ATTACH]

I think the spot elevation on the far left should be 21 and not 2.1 don't you?

The loop in the 120 ft. contour isn't right and the way the 130 ft. contour is formed does not appear to be correct either.

hi,

I am confused about units. is this one correct? I did the same way and I dont understand why the 10' in diameter BM is almost the same as 6" text?

• 2 months later...

is this thread still open? i am currently working on the project myself, i just did the structural project and used the views refferenced on this site as an aid

pretty sure it's still open....

or ask for specific help on autocad realted problems in one of the other forums..

and welcome :-)

• 5 months later...

Hi every one.

I am a new member and right now I am doing some training from pennfoster.

At the moment I need help for civil project specifically in making the driveway profile-Section A and B.