each contour line.

1. Select each polyline, choose the Ltype option, and

then choose the On option. Doing so makes the

hidden linetype properties visible even if the line

segment isn’t very long.

2. For all contour lines except those marking the

70-foot, 80-foot, and 90-foot intervals, also choose

the Fit option for each polyline. Doing so will allow

the polyline to curve between node points.

What do you mean by "how to set up"?

Your contours are using the linetype called HIDDEN which means they should appear dashed on your screen.

Your OSnap settings should have NODE enabled (for picking points).

If you have drawn all your contours using a polyline and they are currently being displayed as straight line segments between points, by running the PEDIT command and selecting a polyline then the FIT option the polyline will be fitted with a curve that passes through each point.

REMARK i posted a screenshot. i have that set up already. OSnap settings should have NODE enabled. done this is what I don't think I did.

by running the PEDIT command and selecting a polyline then the FIT option the polyline will be fitted with a curve that passes through each point.

follow me?

• 1 year later...

Hey HARPAL im trying to complete the same project and im stuck on plates 3 and 4, do u have those plates so that i could study them and get an idea of how to complete them? I would be forever grateful for any help. Thanks.

HARPAL hasn't been around since March 5th, 2014. I doubt you'll get a response from him.

This project has been the topic of several threads so I would suggest you first find and read them. I'm sure a couple of them have images of plates 3 and 4.

I just noticed that post #40 of this thread has what appears to be a link to another thread where images of plates 3 and 4 can be viewed. I think you failed to fully read this thread before posting you question. I realize some of these P-F threads can be quite long but don't just skip to the end of the thread without first reading through it. You never know what you may find.

Edited by ReMark

• 2 years later...

I am so lost with the Civil Drafting Project.  It frustrates me because there are no true examples in our study guides.  We are just supposed to know what all the wording means.  My instructor has not been much help either.  I am on Plate 2 of the Civil drafting project and I do not understand the cut and fill section or the Section A and Section B.  Can anyone help.  Also for the life of me I can not get my house footprint in the right location.  

Project 6 - Plate 2.dwg

Have you tried contacting your instructor and asking for some clarification?  That's part of their "sales" pitch and you are well within your rights to seek assistance.

Re: House footprint.  Directions (taken directly from Project Booklet) for drawing footprint shown below.

P-F Project 6 - Civil - House footprint.JPG

Something appears to be missing from the instructions which other students only learned about by contacting their instructor.  I think the distances and bearings shown above have their original at the end of the driveway centerline.  This point would be at station 3+78.90 on your drawing.  What I would do is off to one side draw the house footprint  (42x36) using a single polyline.  Next I would draw a line from station 3+78.90 at a length of 49.23 and bearing of S2D22'49"W.  Then I would move the footprint of the house using the upper left hand corner to the end point of the line I just drew.  Finally, I would rotate the footprint (clockwise) 17 degrees (90 minus 73 = 17) using the same upper left hand corner.  The house footprint will now be correctly located in reference to the cul-de-sac and rotated correctly as well.  BTW...I did test this in a copy of the drawing provided to me by a former P-F student.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

Re: Cut & Fill.  The instructions are vague in my opinion.  I would definitely contact the instructor and ask for clarification.  When I did highway drafting for a major consulting firm our cut and fill profiles were done at various stations along the highway centerline and would extend to either side of it a minimum distance of 100 feet.

Re: Sections A & B.  The student is expected to create a grid with stationing along the horizontal axis and elevations along the vertical axis then plot the centerline profile (contour intervals) as they intersect with the driveway centerline.  BTW...the vertical and horizontal scales in most instances will not be the same.  For example, the horizontal scale could be 1"=40' (a typical engineering scale) while the vertical scale might be 1"=4'.  I believe Section A will have a horizontal scale of 1"=60' while the vertical scale will be 1"=10'.  I also believe P-F calls for the same scale, 1"=10', to be used for both the horizontal and vertical in Section B.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

hello! i'm done with the most of thigs from the plate 2 , i was looking an example from one of the guys of this forum and still i'm no clear in how to do this ,,, i already did the cut of angle of repose with the contour but i cant figure out how to get this 

asked the P-F tutor some questions about how to place the foot print and do another things  and he explain really good but still don't understand this if somebody here can help me out i would appreciate so much :) thanks 

Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, ReMark said:

That looks fairly close to what this student submitted.

PF Civil Proj 6.PNG

thanks for the reply but i don't know what is that .. im trying to figure out how he did that with base of his contour,, i just want to understand :(