mouseless PURGE

we have recently upgraded to ACAD 2011 from 2008 and I now have to use my mouse when purging. I used to..

PURGE
A
A
<esc>

but now the escape bit doesn't work and I have to use my mouse to close the dialogue box. Does anyone know a setting to get escape to work again?

Consider using the -PURGE Command (the command line version), instead?
good point totally overlooked. Problem is that is too detrous for my old limbs. The beauty of AA was that you don't have to hit return and the key is near the A. However you have reminded me that 2011 has an Action Recorder so I have just been able to try that out. (I can see why people dismiss it though.)

One good thing to point out about the -PURGE command is that it has the option of purging registered apps whereas the dialog does not offer this option. This comes in handy when you receive files from other companies on cooperative projects. However if there is an xref attached with registered apps in it, it will infect all files that have it attached.

We use to get files from an architect that had over 400,000 reg apps. This slowed down file opening as well as other commands drastically.

Autodesk also has a tool now to purge reg apps.

Dave, I have created macro's with their own icons that I put on the quick access toolbar (the one in the title line next to the big A)

purge all

^C^C_-pu;All;*;n;

Purge all layers

^C^C_-pu;la;*;n;