+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadgad View Post
    How about the BLOCKREPLACE command? Create a copy of your existing block and give it a new name, then you can specify that new block name to replace all of the existing blocks by the former name.

In this way you only need to specify the names of the blocks, and don't need to go into the drawing and select them.
    Hi, could you name the correct command, please?

Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rossko View Post
    Have you tried using dynamic blocks with visibility states? It would work better if each individual block had it's own visibility state showing it in each view you require. then your 'parent' block could contain as many configurations as you need of the different blocks in different visibility states.
    That might be a quite good idea. It would also allow me to keep the original design of the block, which is quite good sometimes.
    Thanks!

Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by intern2011 View Post
    Hi, could you name the correct command, please?
    Unfortunately the BLOCKREPLACE command is not available in LT

Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by intern2011 View Post
    That might be a quite good idea. It would also allow me to keep the original design of the block, which is quite good sometimes.
    Thanks!
    No worries!

I only just started using dynamic blocks a few months ago and have found them to be exremely handy.

Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Rossko View Post
    No worries!

I only just started using dynamic blocks a few months ago and have found them to be extremely handy.
    Hi I'm using dynamic blocks now, too. It was a really good hint. Just one question. Is it possible in LT to make assosiations in dynamic blocks.
    I have one part which needs me always a lot of time to draw it. It's a grid of HEB carriers. So basically two long parallel ones and a lot of parallel ones in between (like a ladder). Now I want to stretch the long ones, but the small ones should remains equally spread.
    So lets say my long ones are 10 m and I have 11 small ones in between, with a clearance of 1 m.
    Now I want to stretch it by 5 meters. So the clearance should be stretched by 0.5 m. If done this by now, with doing 10 stretches, one for each small carrier, and then using 10 different distance multipliers.
    Now I saw in a tutorial, that the guy made a constrain between lets say all my 10 clearances to force them to be equal. And then he created just one stretch for one clearance. All others chanced now equally.
    But I don't have this constrains panel in my block Editor. Is it existing in LT?

Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I agree that constraints would propbably be the best way to get to what you want to achieve. Unfortunately in LT you can view but not add constraints. Maybe you could try using a 'path' array, with a distance parameter & stretch action applied to the path (not sure if this will work exactly how you would want it to but give it a go). good luck!