Locking UCS

Why would you want/need to lock the UCS? Do you have a problem with rogue users switching UCS'?

I suppose you could run a routine that would save the 'world' UCS...Haha..."save the world"!:lol:...and then disable the ucs command? or revert to the world ucs after each command?

I am still having trouble seeing how/why you would use this.

Why would you want/need to lock the UCS? Do you have a problem with rogue users switching UCS'?

I suppose you could run a routine that would save the 'world' UCS...Haha..."save the world"!:lol:...and then disable the ucs command? or revert to the world ucs after each command?

I am still having trouble seeing how/why you would use this.

I am trying to make a lisp, for level indication:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?66775-Level-zero-lisp-routine

As you can see and i want to try to lock the ucs on the drawing so once it set it can't be moved easily. It okay if there is a lock/unlock like in a layer. You are saying world ucs is this i allways at the same place? if it is i could use thats. Whats about named ucs can the be moved?

UCS = User Coordinate System. It establishes the X,Y,Z of drawing. When you start a new drawing, the default UCS has oriented X,Y & Z.

Often, especially with 3D, a temporary UCS is needed; however, I ALWAYS revert back to the WCS (World Coordinate System) or original UCS when the drawing was originally created. I once worked with a 'Cad Tech' who left a temporary (realigned) UCS in place when he tried to import some survey data and that was a mess...but easily fixed by reverting to the WCS and re-inserting.

If you 'lock the UCS', you will limit the user. I don't like hobbling users. (I don't like be hobbled.)

Fundamentally, I still don't see the need/application of a UCS lockdown. I am sorry, I just don't get it.