Spot levels

paulrfair

Hi, having carried out a Survey of a grid 25x30m, I would like to input this into Autocad 2007 so I can include contours, view a section through and possibly export to Sketchup pro8. I know its a lot to ask, but I am really struggling. Thanks

For a quick answer. Do a quick search on this forum and I would be willing to bet you will find similar post to cover what your asking. I know I have read a couple concerning this type of subject.

One thing that you need to do to help us to understand how to help you though is to tell us what information/data and in what format you have. As much info as you can provide for future post will be very useful to help you out.

Oh and welcome to CADTutor.

Paul,

The processes you described would be much simpler in Civil 3D (importing survey points, contouring, sectioning). It is feasible in Vanilla, but will be time consuming (been there, done that). Good luck. Let us know if any of us can give tips.

Paul,

The processes you described would be much simpler in Civil 3D (importing survey points, contouring, sectioning). It is feasible in Vanilla, but will be time consuming (been there, done that). Good luck. Let us know if any of us can give tips.

I almost brought this up but when I saw he is using vanilla AutoCad I thought against it. Probably best to mention it though so the OP will have another direction to go if he didn't realize it.

That is quite impressive for being free. The guy that created that certainly is highly self motivated, obviously.

Thanks for sharing Murph. :thumbsup:

Some else in here posted that last week or so ago, I just bookmarked it. :)