application menu graphic issue

sandiegophil

Hello,

I am having an issue with the application menu graphic. When I start C3D without a network profile in the target line, the graphic is the "big red C". When I start C3D with a network profile in the in the target line, the "C" changes to an "A". It does not affect the program or performance but it seems to really bother some co-workers. Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Phil

I'm somewhat surprised that you're getting the "Big Red A", yet have no problems with performance in C3D.

That typically happens when you create a new C3D Profile, but fail to start with either > or >. If you go into RegEdit and look at the various profiles, you may notice significant differences between those two profiles and the plain Autocad Profile. In particular, IsPureAcadProfile may be set to 1, keys like AeccMgr and AxUi may be missing, and more.

Are you SURE Civil 3D is working with your network profiles...? Or is it behaving as "Civil 3D as AutoCAD"...?

c-to-a.jpg

The program runs correctly also. I took the time to recreate an entirely new arg file from the > one and as soon as I put it on a network location the 'C' changed to an 'A'. please see attached file

Edited by sandiegophil