Drafting with autocad elective

HARPAL

Hi everyone

I am working on drafting with autocad elective project (civil drafting).I am almost done with my contours .But it is very surprising to me that some of my contours are overlaping.I could not figure it out ,what is wrong with them.I would be very thankful if someone can have a look on my dwg(attached) and guide me to do the needful.

ThanksELECTIVE CIVIL DRAFTING PLATE-1 FOR CORRECTIONS.dwg

I think it is due to the fact that some of your interpolated contour elevations are not located correctly and/or you are missing an interpolated spot elevation which pulls the contour out of whack.

I would say that the overlapping of contours is a direct consequence of using the Fit option in Pedit. There are not enough control points, so AutoCAD goes a bit crazy fitting arcs in abundance :shock:

To make contours appear more pleasing to the eye, I favour using the Spline option in Pedit, but before I do that, I set SPLINETYPE to 5. This makes the spline to approximate a quadratic B-spline which seems to keep the spline a bit closer to the vertexes than the cubic B-spline (SPLINETYPE 6). You will notice that with this method the contours DO NOT pass exactly through the control points, but when you consider how rough ground actually is, it may be a bit more realistic. The purists and academists will decry my rationale, but the only alternative would be to input more vertexes, but you have no information as to where they should be put.

Perhaps leave the contours uncurved :unsure: