+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Default AutoCAD 2012 won't launch - Getting "unhandled exception - access violation"

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

My son is having trouble with his AutoCAD program. It previously worked, but now he is getting an error when he tries to launch the software. It is titled "Exception in acuvmtools.arx ARX Command." It states, "Unhandled exception C0000005 (access violation reading 0x01541 at address 719abd25h)." He has tried to uninstall, apply Windows updates, and then reinstall. It worked one time, but when he tried to reload the program, he received the same error again. We don't know how to fix the problem, and we're getting somewhat frantic because he has homework due tomorrow, as well as a test tomorrow in class. Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

Using
    AutoCAD 2013
    At the confluence of worthlessness & invaluability

Quote Originally Posted by tej59 View Post
    My son is having trouble with his AutoCAD program. It previously worked, but now he is getting an error when he tries to launch the software. It is titled "Exception in acuvmtools.arx ARX Command." It states, "Unhandled exception C0000005 (access violation reading 0x01541 at address 719abd25h)." He has tried to uninstall, apply Windows updates, and then reinstall. It worked one time, but when he tried to reload the program, he received the same error again. We don't know how to fix the problem, and we're getting somewhat frantic because he has homework due tomorrow, as well as a test tomorrow in class. Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!
    I can't help you with debugging those issues, but good to remember that as a student, he would be eligible to dowload a free student version from Autodesk
    in which case I would strongly suggest getting the full version of Autocad, instead of AutocadLT.
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Thank you for the reply! I just texted my son, and he believes he does have the full version (my mistake). He said he downloaded it from the website.

I'm continuing to search the web to see if I can find out any information that will help him. I haven't been able to find this exact error on any site. It's very frustrating.

Computer Details
    SLW210's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 PRO
    Computer:
    IBM Lenovo
    Motherboard:
    ACPI x86
    CPU:
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM:
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics:
    Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB
    Primary Storage:
    300 GB
    Secondary Storage:
    650GB
    Monitor:
    ThinkVision 24"
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    SLW210's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Design Draftsman
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Mostly do drafting related to manufacturing. From doing site layouts with proposed updates, additions and renovations to be budgeted and submitted for bid, to updating and changing existing drawings to reflect maintenance and repair/revision work done on site.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2011

Your son needs to update or maybe even rollback the graphics drivers if an update caused this. What graphics card is he using? What are the computers specs?
    “A narrow mind and a fat head invariably come on the same person” Zig Zigler

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Thanks for your reply! Here's some of the info about his computer. I read some information about updating drivers, but I wasn't sure if that would solve the problem. Any suggestions would be helpful. My son stayed up all last night trying to get AutoCAD to work.

HP ENVY 14 Beats Edition
    • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-460M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz
    • 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 switchable graphics [HDMI] - For Dual Core Processors
    • 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
    • 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Computer Details
    SLW210's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 PRO
    Computer:
    IBM Lenovo
    Motherboard:
    ACPI x86
    CPU:
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM:
    4 GB RAM
    Graphics:
    Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB
    Primary Storage:
    300 GB
    Secondary Storage:
    650GB
    Monitor:
    ThinkVision 24"
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    SLW210's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Design Draftsman
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Mostly do drafting related to manufacturing. From doing site layouts with proposed updates, additions and renovations to be budgeted and submitted for bid, to updating and changing existing drawings to reflect maintenance and repair/revision work done on site.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2011

See which graphics driver version he is using? Here is the latest from Autodesk for that card. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
    “A narrow mind and a fat head invariably come on the same person” Zig Zigler

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2012

Would he find the driver version in the device manager?

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2012

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

hello , I also have the 'access violation reading' question when i load my arx plugin.

i develop this arx plugin previous in/* vs2005 cad2007 x86 */,now i want to change the platform to win7x64 vs2008 cad 2012 ...
    and when i load my plugin ,i will get "...(Access Violation Reading 0x000 ...."

How can i do?