AutoCAD 2012 won't launch - Getting "unhandled exception - access violation"

tej59

My son is having trouble with his AutoCAD program. It previously worked, but now he is getting an error when he tries to launch the software. It is titled "Exception in acuvmtools.arx ARX Command." It states, "Unhandled exception C0000005 (access violation reading 0x01541 at address 719abd25h)." He has tried to uninstall, apply Windows updates, and then reinstall. It worked one time, but when he tried to reload the program, he received the same error again. We don't know how to fix the problem, and we're getting somewhat frantic because he has homework due tomorrow, as well as a test tomorrow in class. Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

My son is having trouble with his AutoCAD program. It previously worked, but now he is getting an error when he tries to launch the software. It is titled "Exception in acuvmtools.arx ARX Command." It states, "Unhandled exception C0000005 (access violation reading 0x01541 at address 719abd25h)." He has tried to uninstall, apply Windows updates, and then reinstall. It worked one time, but when he tried to reload the program, he received the same error again. We don't know how to fix the problem, and we're getting somewhat frantic because he has homework due tomorrow, as well as a test tomorrow in class. Any help would be very much appreciated!! Thanks!

I can't help you with debugging those issues, but good to remember that as a student, he would be eligible to dowload a free student version from Autodesk

in which case I would strongly suggest getting the full version of Autocad, instead of AutocadLT.

Thank you for the reply! I just texted my son, and he believes he does have the full version (my mistake). He said he downloaded it from the website.

I'm continuing to search the web to see if I can find out any information that will help him. I haven't been able to find this exact error on any site. It's very frustrating. :(

Your son needs to update or maybe even rollback the graphics drivers if an update caused this. What graphics card is he using? What are the computers specs?

Thanks for your reply! Here's some of the info about his computer. I read some information about updating drivers, but I wasn't sure if that would solve the problem. Any suggestions would be helpful. My son stayed up all last night trying to get AutoCAD to work.

HP ENVY 14 Beats Edition

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• Intel® Core™ i5-460M Dual Core Processor (2.53 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz

• 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 switchable graphics [HDMI] - For Dual Core Processors

• 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)

• 640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

• 4 weeks later...

:D hello , I also have the 'access violation reading' question when i load my arx plugin.

i develop this arx plugin previous in/* vs2005 cad2007 x86 */,now i want to change the platform to win7x64 vs2008 cad 2012 ...

and when i load my plugin ,i will get "...(Access Violation Reading 0x0008) ...."

How can i do?