Scan to 3D - Point cloud to surface to solid major problem

EdClay99

Hi.

I am a student at Melbourne Uni currently taking a project in the modelling of complex 3d structures such as bones.

I have usex a 3d scaner to create a point cloud for a number of bones which I am trying to ultimately create solids with in solidworks so I can perform some analysis.

I am so stuck however. When I use the Scanto3D function, I open up the point cloud and begin the mesh preparation wizard.

After going through those simple steps I get to a mesh with a load of different holes in.

The wizard gives me the optiont to fill these holes in (theres over 100 of them with some of the scans) but it doesnt actually fill them in.

It then asks if I want to use the surface wizard.

I was wondering if there is a way of filling in the holes manually and sort of manually changing the mesh?

Any help would be really appreciated as I have been stuck with this for so long!

I will post some pictures as examples later on.

Thanks,

Ed

ED, while there is the functionality in SW i would avoid using it. As a student you should be able to get your hands on RapidForm or Geomagic to help with the meshing process(i use rapidform). If the Uni doesnt have these you can look at Meshlab. Its free and will help you but is complicated to use. Whenever I have used ScanTo3D i always start with .ply files rather than a point cloud.