Need Help with Stairs, ASAP

Soskic

First of all, hello to everyone :)

I am very glad I have this forum to whine about problems I face recently. I know there are many of you who can easily help me solve this newbie problem, ad that's why my first post is about it.

I also know that I will have to await for moderation approval, since I had to put image links here to better explain my problem, but I can ive with that much more easily than to reply many times in order to specify my problem without images.

In this way, I hope you will get all needed info.

I am using AutoCAD 2012, for the first time in my life. I already work with Photoshop for years, but for this type of work (3D Modelling) I need AutoCAD, which I find very good.

ow, I wanted to make simple stairway in 3D. I provided images so you will probably be surprised that I managed to make apartment plan with walls, doors, windows (all in their visibility, transparency, measures, etc.) but not to make simple stairway. Though I did it, but when you see it in flat surface, you would see that I made 2 mistakes by misplacing it in Z coordinate. That's still not visible in this view I provided (e.g. 2nd stair is physically hovering over 1st one for 2 inches, lol).

And these stairs I managed to fit into surroundings but that was painful process to me. I had to move them brick by brick in their positions. Awful and disgusting.

I know there's a simple way to do it, but all I could find about it in online help was helix command and how to make spiral ones. Well, I don't need it, I need these ones, simple but complicated, as it seems.

These are helpful images I created for you. Please help me.

Thank you.

IMAGE 1 - stairs I made and shaped already. Will fix them later.

inh4wo.jpg

IMAGE 2 - a block where I want to cut the stairway inside of it

2aangr7.jpg

• 2 years later...