Linking database records to graphical objects

jrigger

Actuallyconfiguring dbConnect is part of my problem. I am using AutoCAD 2012 with a64-bit o/s. I have tried to follow the AutoCAD instructions forconfiguration, but they are way too ambiguous. I found an article online titled"Working with External Databases" which appears to be an excerpt froma book called "AutoCAD 2012 & AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible”. Again thisarticle assumes I know all about database configurations. According to AutoDeskthere appears to be some kind of compatibility issues with the ODBC drivers.Not sure what this really means though. I installed ‘MS Access Database Engine2010’ as recommended by an article I found on-line, but I still have no clue howto proceed. I have also downloaded andinstalled SQL server Express thinking this would get me started, but I am stillat square one.

Mahalo

Did you uninstall MS Office first, then install the 2010 Database Engine and reinstall MS Office? Did you use the ODBC Admin tool (from the Windows Contol Panel) to create a ODBC configuation? If the excert from the book is complete it should work if you follow the instructions. I did that exercise a number of times on both 32 and 64 bit OS with ACAD 2012 before the book went to print. :)